• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TaIk2Kevin

TaIk2Kevin

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:PFC In the US Army Lovin It! Have My PPL With about 70 Hrs, In The 300.
  • Company working for:US ARMY

Posted 25 July 2005 - 14:01

I was Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on Trying to Fly for the Army. I have two years of Community College and am starting to get my Private Fixed Wing Rating. and am Starting at Embry Riddle. I want to Fly for the Army What is the realalistic probability of getting into WOFT as a Civilian? Any Suggestions? Should I get the Four year degree then apply, or apply now and try to get picked up?

Thanks
-Kevin

#2 pepper

pepper

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 14:45

there is a good chance for ya,, i am at work right now but when i get home i can give you details. i am currently going through the process right now.

pepper

#3 ascott20

ascott20

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Flying (obviously), Biking, running, all sports, reading, <br />--Always looking for a new aircraft or facet of aviation to check out!
  • Company working for:US Army (DUSTOFF)

Posted 25 July 2005 - 16:11

If you're going to Embry-Riddle, talk to a Captain Mario Ochoa in the Army ROTC department.  He started out as Warrant Officer and later made the switch.  If you're doing college too, man... check out ROTC.  It is pretty easy, they can pay for your college (trust me, you need that at ERAU), and you get a commission as a second lieutenant right out of the box.  And, if you want to fly, become a Medical Service Corps officer and fly Medevac.  

You sound a lot like me when I first started looking at flying for the military.  I'm an alumni from ERAU, and the ROTC department there set me straight and they helped me out a lot...  if you'd like to talk further, just PM me, and we'll talk.

By the way, speaking of which, Pepper... how's your packet going?  Keep me posted man!  

Good luck and take care.

Alex

No rationalization, No hesitation, No compromise... JUST FLY THE MISSION!!!

#4 chillflyboy

chillflyboy

• VR Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 15:48

Edited by chillflyboy, 11 October 2007 - 15:51.

#5 chillflyboy

chillflyboy

• VR Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 15:50

Edited by chillflyboy, 11 November 2007 - 14:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

PrecisionVRForumHome200LakeSuperior200FreeFlight_Home200MaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeBLR 200