• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Agboy

Agboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:26

Hi all, my first post here. Been doing some reading through different forums lately and this thread made me feel as though I should share my experiences here if anyone is interested still in the 300cbi's performance compared to the 300c.
I have flown both on ag. Thats right a cbi on ag. I bought this ship brand new. Strapped tanks to it and a hook and went to work. Other than having some major bearing falures in the first 200 hours it done 2000 hours of absolute trouble free flying. Other then routine maintanence it did not cost a cent. That aside the 300C's i have flown havent been as reliable.
As previously mentioned the hp rating of the two 300s are basically the same the major difference is the torque! This is what makes helicopters fly not hp.
The 300cbi certainly is massively power limited compared to its sibling the C, but it can still haul a decent load, what these aircraft can do with just 100rpm up yoursleve will leave you breathless... I enjoyed every hour of flying in the cbi. It made you learn real fast and stick to the rules of engagement for keeping focused and 100% concetrated on the task at hand. The boundrys could be exploited like turning down wind with a load on but it quickly reminded you that your being silly and dont do that again. The safety margin for this kind of flying was huge once you got use to it. There really is nothing like a 300. One point i would like to make to a previous post is, apiaguy how on earth can you stick 75 gallons into a 300c? Thats 300 litres in my language.. Best we could do was about 250 legal litres. Either your using a runway or your running a c20b as it cant stack up. Anyways I sold my 300 after 8 years of very enjoyable flying and bought a r44ll.Its certainly not a 300.
  • Wally and takefootoff like this

#22 takefootoff

takefootoff

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 16:17

I often fly a 300C with 62.5 gallons (both tanks topped off) at sea level, great little chopper.

Just wish it had the support it deserves'.

#23 Goldy

Goldy

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:uuuh? flying helicopers maybe?
  • Company working for:Hey I didn't know you could loop an R22 ???

Posted 23 December 2015 - 23:18

Well I don't like old threads much, Flingwing206 RIP!

My thoughts exactly!

Fly Safe !!

Goldy-CPL(H),R22A, HP, B, BII, R44 Astro, R1,RII,R44ClipperII, R66, B47G2, S300C, S333, B206B3, DG500, RV10, E480B, AS350BA, S-58T, what next?

FAA Aircraft Dealer
http://www.bestaerialphoto.com
http://www.phpa.org
http://www.rotorcraftpro.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvN3GDEXPos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuX9SO5uCno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FreeFlight_Home200BLR 200MaunaLoaVRHome200Guidance Home 200HeliHelmets-VR HomePrecisionVRForumHome200Spectrum_VRHome200LakeSuperior200Genesys VR Forum 200