On Line nav log...

FUSE

Thanks much Retread...  I ended up ordering a pack of Nav Log sheets but I like to have a backup if I need one in a pinch.

And yes, that is deal's gap.  Guy in front of me is Yellow Wolf and I'm, well as ya know, FUSE.  We both met on the GL1800Riders forum.  If ya care to check out my video's below.

http://media.putfile.com/Riding-the-Dragon-Part-One

http://media.putfile.com/Riding-the-Dragon-Part-Two

That a Killboy photo?

Yes it is a pic from Killboy.  Here is when I was on his front page after Honda Hoot.  I am the second pic.  The first pic is the guy in front of me in my Avatar and my vids...

http://killboy.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_killboy_archive.html

Here's all the pics he took of me...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c....=b40710

Oh and not trying to make this a motorcycle thread.  Here are my pics from my first solo two weeks ago.  WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c....-kixt2d

Man, the solo was awesome.  A time in my life that I will never forget any detail of.  Put in 5 hours of solo time that weekend with 2.5 being night time.  Hope to do my first cross country solo in about a week.  It's an outstanding feeling for sure.

Any road in the Smokey Mountain area is a dream to ride.  The dragon is a great tourist spot, but it's not the best road in the world.  But it can be fun...

Hi,

Just curious, where are all of you Dragon runners recieving training at?  I'm a Knoxville native and going throught the ratings in Sacramento, Ca and was curious.  Well to be honest kind of home sick too.  Sorry to drift off topic but I would like to hear about the training in the area.  Congrats on the Solo Fuse!  And watch out for those #### SCCA racers on the Gap!  My brother runs a subi and a rx7 up there about once a month.  :angry:

As far as I'm concerned the starting topic of this thread was addressed so it's in full thread drift mode now....

I'm recieving training at Helicopter Academy in Annapolis, MD.  It's really in Stevensville, MD at Bay Bridge Airport - W29.  Just inside that #### ADIZ  :angry:

I went ahead and got on the Boatpix package, so I'm paid up till 300 hours.

As far as I'm concerned the starting topic of this thread was addressed so it's in full thread drift mode now....

I'm recieving training at Helicopter Academy in Annapolis, MD.  It's really in Stevensville, MD at Bay Bridge Airport - W29.  Just inside that #### ADIZ  :angry:

I went ahead and got on the Boatpix package, so I'm paid up till 300 hours.

WOO-HOO!!! OPEN THREAD!!!  :D  As long as Rey doesn't mind...Rey? (Or mods for that matter)

Sky Helicopters in Dallas. Just got done studying for the CFI written tests. Wish me luck tomorrow! ::cheers::

Back to the original topic for a moment (i never really read it rolleyes.gif)

I like this navlog. (pdf) It lets you figure variation and deviation before wind correction, which is, IMHO, easier. Or maybe because I'm lazy and it reduces the amount of planning on the day of...not too sure.

Why take them again? you passed. 88/86 is a fine grade. You always score higher on practice tests, thats a given. Back when I did the exams, there was no FAA test questions, no freedom of information act back then. So you used Acme Blue Books from Acme School of Aeronautics out in Fort Worth, it had FAA type questions in it. You studied hard and you when to the FSDO, GADO back then and you took the test. It was considered a 85 or better was very very good grade. 70% is passing. Now with you go to some contract sight, sit in a room and use a computer and it may not be the best way to take a test. Just review the parts you missed and get the flying done so you can start making some money. The written is the easy part of doing a Flight Instructor Certificate, now there is the learning the  teaching part, of flying and the Oral with the Examiner, you will get thru it. Now you should be keeping track of all the open CFI jobs so you can make phone calls later, jobs filled today will be open again in a years time or less. Its November, and a lot of CFI's will be moving on in the Spring.