Patron needed....

rufforth

I am searching for someone or a company to 'sponsor' me in learning to fly helicopters. I am a PPL(A) living in the U.K. with some 2800 flying hours gained flying Pawnees, Cubs, Scouts and the like. I also spent time in the army in an air squadron as an observer in Sioux and Scout. I am also a gliding instructor.

Now for the heart strings bit.... 2 years ago I suffered a Sub-arachnoid haemorrhage (SAH). The severity of the SAH was such that a long recovery was on the cards should I survive at all. I did survive but not before the bank in their wisdom foreclosed on my business leaving me virtually penniless. It had been my ambition to convert my fixed wing licence to a helicopter licence - this is now a fading dream as my finances are in a pretty bad way. I am now 54 with lots of years left!

So are there any rich benefactors out there who could help or any companies that might lend a hand? I am more than willing to enter a contract to provide pilot services in order to repay funding - so sponsorship by say, Harrods or Richard Branson perhaps...

Please do contact me my email is adal@webits.co.uk

here is hoping.....

Sorry about your bad luck... if your financial status is limited, try and get a co-signer for a loan, or find a school that lets you pay as you go. This way you can pay your loans off without losing too much money.

What I plan on doing is to get a loan, go through my training, instruct until I get 1,000 PIC Helicopter hours, and then go work in the Gulf of Mexico until I get enough hours in various rotorcraft to get a job flying for EMS.

Everyone has a dream, but rarely people will sponsor them.

Good luck with whatever you choose,

- Robert