Selecting the right helicopter...

Hook_Em

J90290, that report is almost 10 years old now. the real issue to that report is what did Robinson learn and correct from that report. that is the real issue. what have they done to fix the issues stated in this report??

I agree, 10 years old, but what they did to fix the issue was to require additional and more type specific training. they never identified a single mechanical problem.

I was thinking that anyone that wanted to purchase an R-22 or 44 might want to know a little about the flight characteristics. This report is filled with testimonilas from test pilots. It's a good read even though it's ten years old.

The more inforamtion before sinking $300k the better. :D

Edited by John90290

Why settle for a Huey? If we are going to do it let’s do it right! I know a guy who had a HH-3F Pelican. In the back there was a big screen TV, Persian rug, three leather Lazy-Z-Boys, a small leather couch and several other amenities I cannot recall. Too bad he crashed it near Reno in some mountain wave winds. Luckily he survived and still has time to fly his B222, B214, and Cobra to name a few. You could throw a real party in the back of one of those!

:D

great choice. helps when u want to go fishing, just land on the lake, you take your boat with you. with the size of it you take the house with as well. About the only thing you couldn't do is go through a drive through.

Are those things the same as a sea king? or are they bigger?

is anyone operating them commercially? is there a civil equivalent?

I believe it is a varient of the Sea King used by the Coast Guard. The obvious difference is the back has a ramp that can be lowered. I think they are roughly the same size. I do not think it was produced commercially and the one I got a tour of was in the experimental category. It was in a few films but I do not remember which ones.