Another SSH Thread

you wont believe this but 3 news on your side just called me. I hope they take my story. It would sure help everyone who has been wronged by SSH. Lucky for me, I have the documentation, so I hope they run with it. Wish me luck guys!

That is crazy. They are usually pretty good at getting things taken care of. Let me know what they are able to do and if/when the story will air. Good luck!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AZSSHVCTM, I know of some people who would love to help you with your story and provide info to the news. Let me know, I will talk to them also even though I am out of state. There would be plenty of us who whould like to help with this story. I am trying to get the news in San Diego to do the same.

I am grateful for your willingness to help, as i am sure AZWOLF is as well...that is who got the call from the news. I have been fortunate enough to get my refund, in full, and am done with all the BS...Thank God!

AZWOLF, the same goes for me. If this whole thing out and there is anything you need from me, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care all!

AZwolf, any word on the news contacting you?

The News crew just came over today, they filmed my docs, asked me lots of questions on camera. I was a little nervous so I hope it went okay. They said to keep in touch, and let them know if there was any new information, and to be expecting phone calls because they are going to go get SSH's side of the story. I hope this makes SSH make some changes about thier withdrawl policies. It is rediculus that I had to go to the News. Im glad they got involved, but it should never have to go that far. They also said they will let me know when it will air.

I used to be really angry but now I just think it is sad that it had to go this far. No letter yet saying my funds have been returned, only promises on the phone... sad

I wrote a complaint to the BBB and FTC on SSH a couples weeks ago and then got a call from Chassity yesterday for the first time in 7 months since my withdraw. She said my refund check of $34,??? was sent to Key Bank on March 17 (like 3 days after I wrote the complaints?...ha, I doubt that). $34k is still short of $45k refund I am owed, I requested mediation over the disputed amount and then she said "your general manager would set that up, I have not been notified of those details". Its funny that I requested mediation from my general manager like 3 times over the past several months and she, being SSH's student relations representative, still doesnt know about it. Now, lets see how serious she is about really sending the check.

$34k is still short of $45k refund I am owed

I'm curious...and I think the facts might be enlightening to others...why do you think SSH owes you another $11k? What are they charging you for? How much for ground school & materials, flight time, sim time, and... what else??

I'm curious...and I think the facts might be enlightening to others...why do you think SSH owes you another $11k? What are they charging you for? How much for ground school & materials, flight time, sim time, and... what else??

I think this has been covered before:

$285/hr for dual R-22

$125/hr for sim

$225/hr for solo

$4000 for ground school

There were multiple accounts of redundant charges and flight hrs not in accordance with the contract. I am not going to go over all that in detail again here.

It is funny that there is a $60 gap between dual and solo when it only costs the company $30/hr to employ a CFI. $25/hr of actual pay...$5/hr for all other associated employment costs.

It is funny that there is a $60 gap between dual and solo when it only costs the company $30/hr to employ a CFI.

Now that's the kind of comment that demonstrates exactly the sort of individual that makes up SSH's target market. I don't mean dumb but certainly naive and inexperienced. What SSH pays it employees has little to do with how much they charge their customers. They'll charge as much as the market will pay and they'll pay employees as little as they can. The 100% mark-up is the price you pay for not settling on a lower price upfront. Call it an learning experience premium...and it's probably not the last time in your life you will pay it (hell, I negotiated hard on a new car and then went and bought the $700 security package...stupid, stupid, stupid).

See, the thing is, the prices are not paticularly agreed upon by the student upon purchase. When a student withdraws from SSH, the contract says that student will be charged: "The cost of flight time will be based on the current by-the-hour rate at the time of cancellation." SSH does not make that rate apparent, so the way they see it they can charge whatever they want. From what I have heard from other former SSH students; the way their lawyers see it, is completely different and they say that SSH can not make a vague and non-limiting statement like that in a contract.

To maintain any sort of honor in selling products and services, a company will not charge as much as customers is willing to pay. That sort of ideal is sure to ruin any company.

"The cost of flight time will be based on the current by-the-hour rate at the time of cancellation." SSH does not make that rate apparent, so the way they see it they can charge whatever they want. From what I have heard from other former SSH students; the way their lawyers see it, is completely different and they say that SSH can not make a vague and non-limiting statement like that in a contract.

I see what you're saying but, if SSH publishes their retail rates on their website isn't that "apparent"? Lawyers...yech (Hell no I'm not a lawyer, I hate lawyers...Erin Brochovich). I'll bet they're making vague and non-commital statements about how much their clients will recover. If that's all they've got to go after SSH they are wasting their client's money.