contract work for flt hours?

Mokiis

Not gonna happen. Besides, it would take you, many, many years to pay it off. You might find a school where you can work around the office or shop and apply in exchange for hours. Probably about 20-25 hours of work for one hour in the helicopter. That's nice because it leaves the IRS out of it.

i want to start training but cant afford it. i was wondering if their were any companies that would pay for flight traning school in exchange for contracted work for a certain period. to work off the debt.

Work in exchange of flying time is your best bet. I am lucky and have an A&P ticket, I did my commercial and Instrument fix wing training almost for free, only had to pay for the examiner fees. And, like it was already said, the IRS stays out of it. Flight schools have many other needs where they might need help.

• 3 months later...

I just saw this thread, unfortunately. But there is an employer who will pay for your flight training, and pay you while you build your hours. See your local US Army recruiter, but make very, very sure you get everything in writing, because they will lie like rugs to get an enlistment. Never, ever believe anything a recruiter tells you without getting it in writing. They've reached the point of kidnapping high school kids, and are now enlisting autistic kids.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, a North Sea comapany, Bristow ued to do it, and I had the great fortune of training some of their cadets, but it was a very long process, and not anywhere near guaranteed. As far as I know that program went the wasy of the Dodo, but with the way the industry looks, it may come back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The interview/weedingout process was considerable and had a few aptitude tests that were not too easy. Best of luck................