CBP

Zyga

Hi.

I'm looking for informations about AIR border troops in different countries.

In Poland we have Polish Boreder Guard. In Germany it is Bundesgrenzschutz (German Federal Border Guard). What about US? It's CBP, wright?

So I'm trying to find what types of aircrafts do they have. I'm intrested only in land border (without coast and sea). Does anyone can help me with some link or something?

Sorry for my English.

Regards

Zyga

Don't sweat it, Poles and Poland are a pretty stand up bunch. As to you question, There is Customs, they have there own aircraft, the Border Patrol have there own aircraft, I think INS may have some, I Know DEA has a bunch so dose the FBI and a bunch more goverment agencies. In America there is a bunch of fifedoms and they all try to get what they want from Congress. Congress, has the money. Now there is the big Agency known as TSA and Homeland Security. Now just type in US Border Patrol or INS or US Goverment in to your Google search engine and have a blast, you could spend the next 20 years reading what you find. Oh and the Army has a bunch of aircraft, and the Airforce has theirs and the Navy has a bunch and carriers to put them on and the Marines, well they are a self contained Army all by itself. In other words we have a lot of Aircraft doing a lot of things, and some of it is not pleasant at least not for the Al-Quida guys.

Thanks for answer, but:

DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration

FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation

TSA - Transport Security Administration

DHS - Department of Homeland Security

Army, Airforce, Navy, Marines

All of them do guard a borders, but it's not their main job.

INS - I don't know what is this

There isn't anything like "TSA and Homeland Security". There is "TSA" and "DHS". That's what I found.

I still think that what I need is U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Office of Border Patrol (OBP). http://www.cbp.gov/

Here is their air overview:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/air/overview.xml

But I still can not find what aircrafts do they have

Can somebody help me, please?

Regards

Zygmunt

Edited by Zyga

I think U.S. Boarder patrol uses the Blackhawk, 212, and 412. Strong lifters main for all the extras they carry, like FLIR, Tactical radar, tactical teams, etc. Though I am taking a shot in the dark with this.

US Customs, Border Patrol and INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) all recently merged under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). So they are all under the same parent agency, but still have specialized areas that they focus on. US Customs had it’s own air wing and the Border Patrol had a separate air wing. They are still working out how to, if at all, integrate into one air unit. As such they do not fly the same aircraft because they have two very different missions. Customs focused on drug interdition etc., Border Patrol focused on human interditions at the border. Both agencies operate surplus or current military type aircraft along with civilian type aircraft. I think people are hesitant to name off specific makes and models for border security reasons. You might be a normal interested party with no ill intent, but anyone can search out and read this sight and gather information which they might use to avoid detection as they cross our border. I am sure if you do a few more searches on those agencies you can find the information you are looking for. I am just not going to put it out there and make it easy for those who might use the information for nefarious purposes. Again, I am not saying or implying you are anything other than a helicopter enthusiast, but others do have access to web site.

They will never tell you, when I interviewed for a job with the DEA, I had to sign a document stating that I would never talk about what was talked about what I was being considered for or what I saw or did not see in the Hanger. Even local Police have helicopters and airplanes. The Connecticut State Police, run a Bell 407 and a Cessna 182. They even had a Cheyanne for some years. Plus a couple of UH-1's and some worn out OH-58's In america if the Cops can talk the politicans into it, they get all kinds of aircraft even if there is no need for it. Connecticut is a small State and they have quite a fleet, one or two Cessna 182 would be plenty but its the goverment and they can spend money like nobodies bussiness. In the comming years UAV's are going to be a big thing down on the border and New Blimps and Zepplins those will have new airborne radar system are being talked about. Heck there as a fellow that had his own AH-1 Cobra with the fire control systems operational. Got in to some trouble over it. There are all kinds of MiG's and surplus flighter aircraft in private hands here. P-51's go for a premium prices.

here we have some border patrol aircrafts, but surely it's only a part. http://tinyurl.com/d6pzd

Honestly, I don't understand why they are trying to hide those informations. In other countries it's simply on their websites. And talking about terrorism won't change my mind. Who want's to know, will know. This or that way. Only students like me will have problems. But it's my opinion.

I will simply write my thesis using egzaples from other coutries.

Thatnks to all for help.

Regards

Zyga

I spoke to a friend who is a Customs and Border Protection Pilot. They fly around 9 different models of helicopter ranging from single engine civil to multi engine military types with everything in between.

OH-6’s,MD 500’s, MD 600’s, Huey’s, Blackhawk’s, A-Star B2, A-Star B3. Coming soon AB139’s, EC120’s.

They operate over 20 different models of fixed wing aircraft again from the smallest to the largest including civil and military, please don’t ask me to list them as there are too many.