Heli-Expo 2006

vertrefadmin

HeliExpo2006_1.jpg

Heli-Expo 2006: Some of the static displays.

HeliExpo2006_2.jpg

Bell/Agusta (or rather AGUSTA/bell) Civil Tilt Rotor

HeliExpo2006_3.jpg

Didier Delsalle's dedication for successfully landed a helicopter on the summit of Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Delsalle completed this record breaking task, twice in two days (May 14th and 15th 2005). These flights set the new World Record for the highest altitude take-off.

HeliExpo2006_4.jpg

DynaCorp International and TEMSCO Helicopters, Inc. unveil the new 205 "Super Plus".

hello Heli_Girl!

nice photos!

I´m surprised! - What is a Bell 417? Do you have technical specs about it?

On Bell website aren´t any informations about this type!

kind regards from Germany

Mat

This is from www.rotorhub.com

So What’s a 417?

A casual wander around Bell’s new 417 revealed a very smart looking machine that is basically a 407 that has spent a lot of time in the gym, emulating the Army’s new YRH-70A Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter, so it can perform better in hot and high conditions. It offers 400 lb more payload at 10,000 ft.

A 2,500 hour TBO on the engine and more miserly fuel consumption contributes to a DOC said to be around $30 an hour less than the 407’s.

The very neat avionics package is centred on two portrait format 6x8 in LCD screens from Chelton in a narrow centre console, packing a lot of display area into a small space.

The projected price is around $2.11 million and the gross weight is around 5,500 lb.

It is thought that this machine forms the basis of Bell’s offer to the Indian Government in competition with Eurocopter’s AS350B3. Peter Donaldson

Chris

I sadly didnt get any rides when i went up there :( Wish i would've though. I couldn't seem to find the right people to talk to. I was so confused... Lol

Hopefully with my Tax return i will have enough money for a lesson or two :D

Anyone else have any pictures? I want to see if anyone got a pic of me with my little purple hat lol. I was only there Sunday though :(

Edited by Heli_Girl

I sadly didnt get any rides when i went up there :( Wish i would've though. I couldn't seem to find the right people to talk to. I was so confused... Lol

Hopefully with my Tax return i will have enough money for a lesson or two :D

Anyone else have any pictures? I want to see if anyone got a pic of me with my little purple hat lol. I was only there Sunday though :(

I was there on sunday... I'll have to go through my pictures and see what I can find.... :)

Gerhardt,

Yes, I was on the clock. I wouldn't have been in that getup otherwise. <_< I was able to cruise the floor for awhile though. The sights, of course, were awesome. BTW I work for the company that is featured in the picture. ;)

Were you there?

Thanks, but i ment technically. I read that 210 has all the critical parts (tailrotor, transmissions etc.) from B212, Is it the same in Super plus? Which is better?

-F-

Super Plus:

DynCorp International in Fort Worth and Temsco Helicopters of Ketchikan, Alaska installation and certification of the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67D turboshaft engine in the Huey 205A-1 helicopter:

-reverse-airflow PT6C-67D engine.

-increase in takeoff power from 1,250 shp to 1,290 shp

-increase in power, fuel efficiency has been improved by 17 percent, thanks in part to the new full authority digital engine control.

-replacement of the rotors with those of a Bell 212, along with dual-boost collective.

Flight testing is due to begin in late May or early June and certification is expected early next year. Total downtime for the conversion will be approximately 45 days. Cost will be in the $1 million range. DynCorp and Temsco believe there are about 200 Hueys in service that would benefit from the upgrade.

Bell 210

Bell Helicopter begins with a refurbished UH-1H fuselage and adds Bell 212 dynamic components (main rotor hub and blades, tail rotor and tail rotor support structure, transmission, rotating controls and tail boom) and a FAA-certified T-53-517B turboshaft engine. The result is a zero-time, commercial-off-the-shelf helicopter with a useful load of 5,000 pounds that Bell is marketing for civil, military and paramilitary uses. The U.S. helicopter builder also plans to offer the 210 as a candidate for the U.S. Army’s light utility helicopter (LUH) mission, for which a need for 342 helicopters has been stated.

Redenbaugh claimed the Bell 210 would make the ideal light utility helicopter. “First, the Army wants the LUH quickly and Bell has the production capacity to do this. Second, Bell has the global infrastructure of maintenance and logistical support to allow the Army to unburden itself of these tasks. And the 210 costs about $3 million and has direct operating costs of under $650 per hour. It is simply the lowest risk, lowest cost, shortest cycle alternative.” (When the 210 first flew in December last year, Bell was estimating the helicopter’s direct operating costs would be about $530.)

• 2 weeks later...
Tweedles, did you happen to notice me wandering around? Lol. Probably not, i was never in once spot for more than a couple seconds, i was just cruising around taking tons of pics :D It was great. Wish i could've spent more time there, it was fun.

I remember seeing you.

I remember the hat.

HeloApex

Andrew, if it makes you feel any better, I went for two days and regret not going for three. Really, I regret not going by myself. I took my wife Sunday, she's a flight nurse, and another buddy flight nurse Monday. They both wanted to spend the day looking at the EMS birds. Chris would climb up into the displays and say "Here, take a picture of me!". Next year I will spend at least one day ALONE walking around.

It's funny to look at everyone's pics, because you can find the bird that they are intersted in by the number and quality of the pics. I know that I took alot of pics of the EC-130. The way it was set up for the single pilot with 7 extra seats! It's a sexy looking bird ! !

Here are some of my pics. I will be updating these today, because PhotoBucket dropped ALOT because of the names.

http://photobucket.com/albums/h180/Helo-Pilot/

Andrew, if it makes you feel any better, I went for two days and regret not going for three. Really, I regret not going by myself. I took my wife Sunday, she's a flight nurse, and another buddy flight nurse Monday. They both wanted to spend the day looking at the EMS birds. Chris would climb up into the displays and say "Here, take a picture of me!". Next year I will spend at least one day ALONE walking around.

It's funny to look at everyone's pics, because you can find the bird that they are intersted in by the number and quality of the pics. I know that I took alot of pics of the EC-130. The way it was set up for the single pilot with 7 extra seats! It's a sexy looking bird ! !

Here are some of my pics. I will be updating these today, because PhotoBucket dropped ALOT because of the names.

http://photobucket.com/albums/h180/Helo-Pilot/

Helo-Pilot,

Your album must be password protected it won't let me in. I don't know about everybody else, but if it's just me I kinda feel left out. ;)

HeloApex