Robinson Safety Course May 8-11

KMWK

Nope it will be my first time going, Im going to be getting my PPL in a couple weeks also. Hopefully ill have my Instrument and Commercial by June.

I was there in the middle of March. Four days is a littlebit long for the matter involved. I think the hole course could be done in 2 days. But it is interesting stuff.

Toxedo

I mean, I was there in the middle of FEBRUARY (13) instead of march. I am such in a hurry to see the spring coming, I mixed up the months. :rolleyes:

I had the ride in the Frank's chopper too.

Toxedopost-302-1141657239_thumb.jpg

flying high,

Which Airport did you fly in and out of?

For the one hour flight during the safety course, we went to an aiport east of Torence, but I dont remember the name. I think i was to excited :) Then, on Thurday the 16 (Feb), I flew out of Torence with my new Raven 1 to bring it back to my place in Canada.

Here it is in front of my house

Toxedo

The second photo is 4 days later after I had it paint with the Astro scheme

n74506maison8fh.jpg

cgqbb26ca.jpg

kmwk, We went from Torence to the Compton airport did a bunch of different autos and went back .Kinda wish we could of flown over the coast, but I guess I get enough of that where I train, ahh who am I kidding u can never get enough of flying over coastal waters. Great time

Is there any way to be put on a waiting list for full courses? because I just found out I need it for before the summer and they are all full.

Do you have to take an heli from Torence ?

When I went there, I was just supposed to be the translator for my friend. After the first morning of course, I said that I was also pilot like my friend, and we were going to take my chopper home at the end of the safety course. Then, Tim or the secretary asked me if I want actually "do" the safety course. I said "yes". I just gave 500$ to the secretary and I was translator for my friend and attending the safety course at the same time.

If you really need it, (as if you have to depart from Torence with a chopper) they will make you room. There is always room, or and extra chair. Just say it is a must !

Toxedo

kmwk, We went from Torence to the Compton airport did a bunch of different autos and went back .Kinda wish we could of flown over the coast, but I guess I get enough of that where I train, ahh who am I kidding u can never get enough of flying over coastal waters. Great time

Which is the best airport to fly into on a commercial flight? Best for low fare flights, rental cars, etc.?

Is there any way to be put on a waiting list for full courses? because I just found out I need it for before the summer and they are all full.

Ross,

Once you get on the list PM me and let me know. Let me know how to contact you right away too. If I need to cancel (which may happen, not that I want to) I'll contact you right away so you can get my slot hopefully. Willing to bet they give slots to the first on the waiting list though. Anyone know? Would there be a way to give a slot to someone that you want to have it?

KMWK I flew united ,booked three months ahead still paid 220 rnd trp into LAX I didn't rent me and the other guys from my school walked for food and drinks there are plenty of places within a few blocks. we also used the taxi and others who rented let us tag along down to the oceanside bars. It's more like a vacation you will definately have a good time.