R44 add ons

Ross85

What are some parts or add on type things that can be put onto an R44. (hooks, cargo, camera equip, etc.) Also what are some places where these things can be bought? I've been looking around and havn't been able to find too many things. Thanks

Paravion and DART Aero sell a lot of STC'd kits for all kinds of helicopters (mainly Bell, but they do have a few things for Robinsons.)

I am still waiting for Tech-Tool. They are supposed to market full view plastic doors for the 44. I am waiting for 6 years now... They already have it for the R22

www.tech-tool.com/

hey in NZ theres a couple of crowds that manufacture pods for the 44 and 22 they sell ones for baggage skis golf clubs ,dogs even have ones for clippers so you can inflate the floats with them on same outfit also makes alsorts of spray gear for them as well dump tanks for firefighting.

Most robbies (44 and22) over here have hooks boss has got an onboard systems hook on his but have also seen the odd breeze eastern one as well .

Try looking up www.helipod.co.nz i think airbourne energy solutions in alberta is the nth american agent hope this helps

I am still waiting for Tech-Tool. They are supposed to market full view plastic doors for the 44. I am waiting for 6 years now... They already have it for the R22

www.tech-tool.com/

Yeah, I talked to them at HAI 2002 about that.....those doors were "going to be out next month." The guy was telling me that they were having all kinds of trouble with the FAA. The main thing that was haunting them was the fact that every door combination possible, had to be flown in the various temp, humidity, etc. That's 14 different way you can put the doors on multiplied by ?? tests.

That fatal accident and subsequent AD from Tech Tool bubble door off a R22 didn't help either.

I had TechTool doors on a R22B--they were awesome. It really helped the larger students, but mainly since it sealed the cabin in the cold temps. I didn't have to duct tape myself in like with the standard doors.

So Dolorean, you say it will be available next month ? I hope so much....

I had it on my R22 Beta II, and I was delighted for the reasons you gave.

cfamlweb1qq.jpg

Do you know in wich price fork it will be sold ?

I just bought a new Raven 1, and I can say the door closing had really improved. They stay firmly closed in flight. Big difference with my Astro. I was obliged to wrap everything like papers and maps, so it could not be aspired in the door gaps at bottom and top. In winter, the warm air was sucked outside too.

I must say, it was not that bad during hot days in summer. There was a good air exchange.

Tuxedo