24 replies to this topic

#21 jim_222

jim_222

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:23

So there is no flying at the course? Its just classroom? I just finished my CFI in an R-22. I only have 10.2 hrs in one. All of my other flying is in the MD500E (interesting transition!) But Id love to start instructing once I get my 50hrs in R22s.

From what I know from the Robinson's website, http://robinsonheli....ety_course.html there is one hour of flight, and 3.5 days of ground (one of which is devoted to maintenance and preflighting, the rest 2.5 is classroom). The requirements to attend are: 3 hours in a Robinson, of which 1 hour flown within last 30 days; have one (any) rating above PPL, and be able to understand English. Also a current medical is obviously required.

Now as far as the cost is concerned, it is $400 for the R22, which is pretty good deal, considering that you would pay $250 to rent one, any way, so for the course itself you pay pretty much $150. They also provide lunch and breakfast (I think) on three days, so that makes it even more cost-effective. I will have more accurate info though once I go through the course, since now I am just sharing what I have read/heard.
I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everybody who responds to a question or a comment that I made. I usually try to avoid replying with a "THANK YOU" post, as I feel that it does not add to the usefulness of the thread/conversation, but I don't want you to think that I do not appreciate your time or attention.

#22 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy casual renter! :)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 16:43

So there is no flying at the course? Its just classroom?...

There's a one hour flight. I've never taken the course in the R22, but the stuff we've done in the R44 was pretty cool!

Well after fifteen and a half years they finally went from saying "the pilot shortage is coming", to "the pilot shortage is here!"  Yep, 2018, year of the pilot shortage!  

,...didn't seem that big a shortage though?  In fact if you blinked, you'd of missed it,...me, I was out taking a wiz,...dammit!  :lol:

#23 HeloJunkie

HeloJunkie

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Flying, SCUBA Diving, Boating, Camping
  • Company working for:RS Technical Group

Posted 15 February 2012 - 14:18

I have also attended and flew in the R44 right after I purchased one...I am getting ready to take it again as well, looking at some time in June 2012.

The class was great, the stories were awesome, the tour of the factory left me in awe but the flight in the R44 left me with a great appreciation for the genius of Frank Robinson and what he has done for the helicopter world!

Richard J. Sears
ATP ASMEL/Rotor - CFI/CFII/MEI
G-V, CE-525S, CE-500

2005 R44 II

1986 MD500e

1997 Citation CJ
1978 Seneca II
1984 L39C

#24 Goldy

Goldy

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts
  • Interests:uuuh? flying helicopers maybe?
  • Company working for:Hey I didn't know you could loop an R22 ???

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:21

You can do the flight now in the R22, R44 or the R66......
  • jim_222 likes this

Fly Safe !!

Goldy-CPL(H),R22A, HP, B, BII, R44 Astro, R1,RII,R44ClipperII, R66, B47G2, S300C, S333, B206B3, DG500, RV10, E480B, AS350BA, S-58T, what next?

FAA Aircraft Dealer
http://www.bestaerialphoto.com
http://www.phpa.org
http://www.rotorcraftpro.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvN3GDEXPos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuX9SO5uCno

#25 jim_222

jim_222

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:32

You can do the flight now in the R22, R44 or the R66......

with a note: I think that the R66 is only available to owners....
I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everybody who responds to a question or a comment that I made. I usually try to avoid replying with a "THANK YOU" post, as I feel that it does not add to the usefulness of the thread/conversation, but I don't want you to think that I do not appreciate your time or attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200AMTC 2018PrecisionVRForumHome200BE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200HomeSpectrum_VRHome200