For those of you in the area

Guest rookie101

Guest rookie101

Hey forum. I thought I would give a heads up for those of you in the Eugene/Corvallis/Albany area in Oregon of course. Harrisburg Fire Department is having an open house and REACH will be showing off their Red EMS A-109. Those of you who have visited the Corvallis airport most recently or who attend Avia flight school will know what helicopter I am talking about. The open house will take place on October the 14th (that is a Saturday btw) and it will take place in the baseball field next to the fire department.

Guest rookie101

Hey Forum. Wow, that was really cool to see that A109 come in so low and fast :D. Made my freakin' week.

Here are some pics. from the event. Enjoy!

post-2380-1160862202_thumb.jpg

post-2380-1160862089_thumb.jpg

post-2380-1160862298_thumb.jpg

post-2380-1160862422_thumb.jpg

post-2380-1160862506_thumb.jpg

The older guy in the picture is the pilot.

Hey Forum. Wow, that was really cool to see that A109 come in so low and fast :D. Made my freakin' week.

:huh: Here are some pics. from the event. Enjoy!

The older guy in the picture is the pilot.

Hey Rookie,

Thanks for the pics. I'm really bummed I couldn't make it. I saw them go out on a call late afternoon (11:30ish) heading NNW and it looked like they were heading straight your direction on their way back. I was wondering if they were they delayed for their appointment with you all?

And if I know you, I know you got a ton more pictures. So come on, let's see 'em...

-V5

Guest rookie101

Actually, yes they were a little behind schedule and yes, you do know me too well V5, I have more, but they aren't good. I took many pics when the helicopter was coming in but the helicopter is very small (my excuse for this one is that I haven't used this camera (Nikon D70) very much). The downer however was that I didn't get any pics. of the take off, parents made me come home and finish up some chores and I only saw it fly over my house :( :angry:, needless to say I was angry with the parental-types. Ah well, still got to see that baby fly in going really fast! :D :D