New Post Order

I have to say, I don't particulary like this change - it seems counter-intuitive to read the page from the bottom-up, and since we can already go to the first unread post, I don't see any advantage.

FWIW, I vote to keep the posts in the order of posting (first to last).

Is it just me, or are all the forum threads listed back to front all of a sudden...

i.e. Most recent thread first, and numbered 1, and the first thread posted is listed last with the last number!

...or have I done something to my settings.

Joker

Yeah, Joker, me too! I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

?????

-V5

Yeah, Joker, me too! I didn't notice until you mentioned it.

?????

-V5

Yep, see, there's the proof. My last post posted above your original (and I'm sure this one will be above that one).

-V5

Is it just me, or are all the forum threads listed back to front all of a sudden...

i.e. Most recent thread first, and numbered 1, and the first thread posted is listed last with the last number!

...or have I done something to my settings.

Joker

Joker,

There's a new thread from Rey saying he changed the settings: http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...ic=4841&hl=

I think I prefer the old way if not just out of habit.

-V5

Yeah I prefer the old way as well. It's more intuitive to me if the first post on a thread is on top and all replies descend, but it's not my forum.

It also results in a problem when you select "go the the first new post". You go to the page number you should have gone to, but it's not the page with the correct post. This post order just isn't going to work without considerable tweaking, and it's counter to every other forum I read, and that's a larger number than it really should be.

In short, I hate this. Please, please go back to the normal way of doing things.

I like the new way, if you follow a thread you will have read most posts so you should only have to scrole down a few to see all new posts, perhaps we could ask Rey if it could be an option ?

I dont know if it was me that put the idea in his head after looking at apprune thread with **** pages and asking if it was a feasable, or perhaps two great minds sort of thing.

PS is\was there a spell ch somewhere

Just my 2 cents but I like the old way better even if you have to scroll through. This way I feel like I am playing Jepordy.... I read the answer and then scroll down to see what the question was...

I like the old way. I feel like I am playing Jepordy.... I read the answer and then scroll down to get the question. Just my 2 cents.

Ha! I did just that a moment ago. I read a whole thread the wrong way up. It was only when I got to the last..er...first post that I remembered what was going on!

OK There are some minor glitches at the moment. Clicking on 'Last Post' doesn't get you to it. But this is a simple change of code to make last post= Min(PostNumber). Or the post numbering system has to be changed. This could be more complicated for the programmer.

Nevertheless, it does seem all backwards. Its not so bad if you have been following a post, and simply want to check the latest. But if you come to a post half way through, it does seem counter intuitive at the moment.

However, they say 'old habits die hard'. Maybe we need to let Rey sort out the glitches and then let it run for a few days. It's amazing how the brain can adapt. Other than simply not being used to it (and a few technical glitches), are there any practical reasons why one is better than the other? Maybe?

Joker

This is the only thing I understood on this thread, seems like my dyslexia is acting up again damnit :blink: And another vote for put it back to the old fashion way!

I thought my browser was acting up. Set up like this it is hard to read, go to bottom and scroll up. I dosn't feel natral.

With being in Iraq I only get to get on every so often and starting through a thread gets tidious without a mouse.

Other than the bass ackward posts I still love the site!

Dave

PS.

BTW. Where the spell check go? :unsure: