HAI in Concord

OK first I have searched for Hai in concord, All i know is they exist and thats about it. everthing i find pertains to the hai in florida. the big one. my question is ... is hai in concord just the litttle baby brother to hai in florida. do they teach the same exact thing. i have not heard anything about them, just the florida operation. are they really the same. would I be better off going to the florida campus eventhough I live in california, if I only wanted Hai. florida hai is a bigger facility, but are they any better than the one in concord???? any personal experiences...

all info is appreciated..........thanks jp

OK first I have searched for Hai in concord, All i know is they exist and thats about it. everthing i find pertains to the hai in florida. the big one. my question is ... is hai in concord just the litttle baby brother to hai in florida. do they teach the same exact thing. i have not heard anything about them, just the florida operation. are they really the same. would I be better off going to the florida campus eventhough I live in california, if I only wanted Hai. florida hai is a bigger facility, but are they any better than the one in concord???? any personal experiences...

all info is appreciated..........thanks jp

hey bud..i sent them an email awhile back bc i was about to go to their school....apparently the only difference is that the facility in cali is smaller....i believe they offer the same training. you might want to check out this school..i went there and it is a very friendly environment and the owner is a respectable man with a good history in helicopters....http://www.caaviationservices.com/...they are in riverside....

good luck

josh royse

The only real difference between fl. and cal. hai is that the one in concord is part 61. Its the original location of the school but they had issues with noise abatement so they opened the fl. school. I've been to both (florida for ppl-cfii and cali for the mountain course) and the flying environment in cali is obviously more interesting but most of the students are part time while in fl. almost everyone is full time and get done alot quicker but the training is essentially the same.

I sent them an email a while back asking about their concord location as well. I'm from Cali myself, and they told me most of the students at the concord location are part time. She mentioned that that concord does not have a part 141 approved instrument course, so you will need to have more than 50 hrs of cross country time if you want to do your instrument training there. Also that the ground school is all taught one on one there and is less cost effective. Basically they told me you can train there for all your ratings, but they encourage all students looking to become career pilots to train at there florida location. Just what I was told. good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys,

I wasn't quite sure and I still am not. I now know they are now part 141, this does mean it will or should be more expensive for me to train all the way thru there. just because most or all of thier students are part time at the concord location. does that mean that they do not want full time students and I should not plan on going full time to concord. Since everything else sounds good, i just want to know if There is a way to avoid the 50 hour cross country time to get my instrament or what not. because this school is not 141, is this going to cost me alot more money in the long run???? I guess I probably could attend full time if they permitted it. and since ground is one on one, that should be better, but is this all going to cost me more than maybe a 141 school, or one that does classroom ground??? thanks jp