Flight Packet Questions

Blake, 

The results being posted depends on how many slots they have currently, if they know they have more slots coming, etc... Usually it doesn't take very long though.  

Rucker is a PCS move, however, about the wife, I don't know. I think it mainly depends on if her MOS is there on base. And, with that being said, there really isn't much on base besides flight school. But, also... What is going to happen in 12 months, and you are ready to PCS again, will she then be able to PCS again?? I honestly have no idea. I didn't meet anyone there that had a wife who PCS with them, not saying it doesn't happen though.  

Good luck,

CHAD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Chad.

I have another question now. This one is regarding interpretation of my packet status. As I said before, I turned in my packet a few days late for the May board. A colleague of mine told me that when he checked the status of his packet it showed up initially as "H -Quality Control (QC) complete by recruiters and Pending next action from Boards Branch" and then showed up as "B - Board Ready - (File qualified to be reviewed by next board considering MOS)." I just checked my status to make sure it went throught the quality check ok and it shows up as B. The next board is in May though which is the one I was late for. I guess it doesn't really matter whether it goes throught he May board or the July board, but I'm just kinda curious. Anyone have any idea which it will be?

Blake

I'm betting August. Nah, just kidding. Um, I would assume, again this is an assumation, that it will not be the May board if you were late, however, if they do not have many packets, they may accept a few late packets. Especially if they have very few applicants and a bunch of slots, however, I dunno how realistic that is.

CHAD

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the results for the May board came out today (which was really fast. The board was the 12th-16th). I was not selected. Oh well, maybe next time. I counted it up and there were 44 people picked up and 231 not selected. I'm just going to update my packet when I get back to the states and hope for the best in the July board.

Blake

Well, the results for the May board came out today (which was really fast. The board was the 12th-16th). I was not selected. Oh well, maybe next time. I counted it up and there were 44 people picked up and 231 not selected. I'm just going to update my packet when I get back to the states and hope for the best in the July board.

Blake

Don't give up if it's what you really want to do. You should get an automatic second look too. I was told no my first go as well, lots of people here tried multiple times too, it's like a right of passage I guess hehe.

It's not getting me down. I'm dissappointed of course, but there are a couple of updates that I'm sending in for my packet as soon as I get back to the states. I think they'll add a lot to my packet. I'll add an ARCOM and a couple of updates to my ERB. I will also send in an actual copy of my pilot certificates (instead of a printout from the FAA website). I think all of that will help some and if not, I'll submit it again. It's a competitive field so I'll keep trying to get in and improve my packet until it works.

Blake

• 1 month later...

Blake, sorry that I hadn't checked in here or with you personally, I've been busy trying to get back to where you are now. Had a few last minute bumps along the way, but I wanted to say that you are doing exactly the right thing. Updating the packet as you go to make sure you are putting your best foot forward can only improve your chances. Another technique is to take those good words that people say about you in the letters and awards and make them part of the resume and summary. The trick there is to do it while keeping the size of the document down.

At this point, the only person who can absolutely keep you from being accepted is you. Sounds kind of cliche, but it is the truth. Hang in there.

Blake, sorry that I hadn't checked in here or with you personally, I've been busy trying to get back to where you are now. Had a few last minute bumps along the way, but I wanted to say that you are doing exactly the right thing. Updating the packet as you go to make sure you are putting your best foot forward can only improve your chances. Another technique is to take those good words that people say about you in the letters and awards and make them part of the resume and summary. The trick there is to do it while keeping the size of the document down.

At this point, the only person who can absolutely keep you from being accepted is you. Sounds kind of cliche, but it is the truth. Hang in there.

I got accepted! I just checked. Now I guess it's just a waiting game. Thanks for your help everyone!

CONGRATS MAN WOW>>>THE WAITING GAME SUCKS but I leave for school in 10 days...Wow it seems like the longest short time i've ever endured.

This process was one that tested my faith, but I'm glad that it worked out.

you must've been so psyched to hear the news.

I was walking out the gym here in japan....yokota ab...and when my recruiter told me...i yelled out so loud the little japanese cleaning lady damn near had a heart attack...

she had that WTF look. IT was priceless.

any way congrats man..

Edited by ErOk_OnE

CONGRATS MAN WOW>>>THE WAITING GAME SUCKS but I leave for school in 10 days...Wow it seems like the longest short time i've ever endured.

This process was one that tested my faith, but I'm glad that it worked out.

you must've been so psyched to hear the news.

I was walking out the gym here in japan....yokota ab...and when my recruiter told me...i yelled out so loud the little japanese cleaning lady damn near had a heart attack...

she had that WTF look. IT was priceless.

any way congrats man..

Awesome, congrats on getting accepted!

Erok , Find me if you can. I'll give you what help I can, store some civilian crap you wont need, get you from the airport if possible, whatever. I'm on hold for Aeromed so I"m really bored.

Awesome, congrats on getting accepted!

Erok , Find me if you can. I'll give you what help I can, store some civilian crap you wont need, get you from the airport if possible, whatever. I'm on hold for Aeromed so I"m really bored.

Sounds great man..

you're on Aeromed hold? whats that is it Medivac?

I am getting to dothan airport late though...2200...i think..

not sure where I'm supposed to check in during that time...i have to ask my recruiter...if i should call billeting now or what.

Thanx for your help.

Eli

Sounds great man..

you're on Aeromed hold? whats that is it Medivac?

I am getting to dothan airport late though...2200...i think..

not sure where I'm supposed to check in during that time...i have to ask my recruiter...if i should call billeting now or what.

Thanx for your help.

Eli

It's just another class you have to do, you'll get it eventually.

When you get here you need to report to 1st WOC, they will sort you out for where you'll stay, it's going to be one of 2 buildings, one of wich is not billeting, heh. It's not bad though. If it's a friday/sat night I can get you, if not there is a 40 dollar cab/shuttle. Keep the reciept it's reimbursable.

• 3 months later...

Congrats! IWannaFly. I guess you can change your name to ImGoingToFly. I submitted for the November board and it is being held as I type this message. Man I am soooooo nervous. I'm deployed to Iraq now, but I have 13 days until I leave. I was on VBC at one point but now I'm back at Taji. Man reading your progress rerally put a smile on my face and helped to ease my nerves a little. I pray I'm as worthy as you are. Again Crograts!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...