81 replies to this topic

#21 toad

toad

Student Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 20:58

I'm going to jump in here and thank everyone for there info about SSH. Especialy the bad experiances like the one previously shared. It's because of these that I did not pursue a giant mistake by getting involved with SSH. So thanks to everyone who shared either info or experiences,it saved a lot of money and heartache that would have resulted from that one major mistake.

TOAD

#22 clarity

clarity

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 21:24

WHAT MISFORTUNE MAN!!!!! READ YOUR POST!!! your trying to give a "heads up" to people, because you made a dumb mistake? you yourself KNEW the company was a scam, and STILL signed the papers. I would be ashamed to even right that about myself.......

aright man, I guess I知 an idiot for trying to speak out and help other people,, I think your totally misinterpreting the intention of this post and attacking my personal judgment and intelligence for doing something against my better judgment. Your a piece of sh*t dude, seriously I知 trying to help others that would indebt themselves thousands of dollars to a sheisty endeavor, and instead of being applauded, I have you trying to blast me with your illogical reasoning. If you池e ever in Tampa FL message me and I値l be glad to meet you and then you can get your mouth broken as you try to explain to me why I知 such an idiot.

#23 clay

clay

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Interests:Currently flying in the Gulf of Mexico
  • Company working for:in the G.O.M

Posted 28 August 2007 - 22:08

alright... im sorry... :)

P.S. i never said you were an idiot. the WORST i said was that it was dumb to sign up for something you KNEW would be a scam.... as far as being out of line? i dont think i was.. i can have an opinion. and as far as coming to to Tampa FL so you can "break my mouth" while i try to explain, i would say that reminds me of kindergarten..... "im gonna beat you up for saying that!!! haha.. have a great day!

Edited by clay, 29 August 2007 - 00:23.

helicopters

#24 cctk2

cctk2

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 00:13

aright man, I guess I知 an idiot for trying to speak out and help other people,, I think your totally misinterpreting the intention of this post and attacking my personal judgment and intelligence for doing something against my better judgment. Your a piece of sh*t dude, seriously I知 trying to help others that would indebt themselves thousands of dollars to a sheisty endeavor, and instead of being applauded, I have you trying to blast me with your illogical reasoning. If you池e ever in Tampa FL message me and I値l be glad to meet you and then you can get your mouth broken as you try to explain to me why I知 such an idiot.

GROUP HUG

#25 RotorWeed

RotorWeed

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:32

What really sucks about this whole thing is the poor guy is out 8 grand and he has no flight time to show for it. $8k is equal to about 30 hours at most any other flight school; he could have soloed and been well on his way to a PPL-H. :angry:
The lesson here is never get into a situation where you pay all your money out before you get to fly.
Pay as you go is a much safer option, you can always walk away! ;)
Thanks for sharing your experience with the fourm. You have probably helped save other people from a bad mistake.
My 2 c

RW

#26 lv@1stflite

lv@1stflite

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Company working for:Large Electrical Contractor Inc.

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:13

You Helped Me!!!! I've made my decision NOT to sign with them. Thanks for sharing Clarity. I put up a new post asking for suggestions on alternatives. If it's any consolation, I got promised the world by an Aeronautics school in the mid '80's..... no names but they were the only one in Tulsa..... I signed and ended up with a useless, partial education and $30,000 debt...... I was close to going in to SSH, but, after reading everything that actual pilots and students have to say about them,..... Anyway, Thanks again Clarity, it took some courage to put that out there!
"It ain't rocket surgery!"

#27 toad

toad

Student Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:13

Good on ya clarity!!!! Even though I made my decision not to go with SSH before your post, it was post like this that solidified my decision. Probably just like all the others that are not pilots yet but dream of the day we will fly (legaly lol) we are prone to go to great lengths to make our dream a reality. Lets face it, paying for training is comparable to other college degrees, but for us that are financialy challenged(lol) it still is a big nut to crack. So thank you once again for sharing your situation.

TOAD

#28 dogdaddy

dogdaddy

PVT Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:57

LISTEN, ALL OF YOU! We are all pilots or student pilots. This is supposed to be a SUPPORT group. "clarity" chose to post his experience for the purpose of warning others. Why are you saying, essentially, "Ha ha you deserved it"? Don't you think he already feels angry and perhaps ashamed? He could have simply not posted and gone on with his life. But he chose to come back here and post in order to hopefully save someone else from making the same mistake he has already admitted to making.

Do you have children? Have you warned them not to play in the street? What if the child does this anyway and suffers harm? What if the child playing in the street gets hit by a car? Do you attend to his medical needs or do you tell him he's disobedient and "that's what you get for not listening to me!"?

What about when we hear of crashes? Do we say, "Well that pilot must have been a dummy; he should have known better!"? Or are we saddened, and do we try to learn from their mistakes?

ANYONE can make a mistake. Anyone can be conned and ripped off. But it takes a MAN to admit it publicly.

#29 clay

clay

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:41

it was a dumb mistake . im done with this thread. its gotten way off topic

Edited by clay, 29 August 2007 - 11:20.

helicopters

#30 rookie chopper

rookie chopper

PVT Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:31

GROUP HUG

GROUP HUG! You said it. I am in the early stages of flying and I have been reading all the helpful information this site gives. Thanks to Clarity for sharing. Clay has a point as well. With everyone here we need to stick together. Dogdaddy (can't type your name without laughing) Great point! This is a support group for all of us. Nice to see everyone has an opinion and everyone can move through it together. Now lets get a beer and move on.

GROUP HUG! Too Funny!

Rookie

#31 doanut99

doanut99

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Nice helicopters, fast cars, good music, and women.

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:33

the MODS need to lock this one up.....

#32 clay

clay

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 16:14

LOCK IT UP!!!! :lol: (reminds me of wedding crashers)
helicopters

#33 ADRidge

ADRidge

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Interests:skeet shooting, dove hunting, aviation, travel, history, all kinds of stuff.
  • Company working for:Contract Pilot

Posted 29 August 2007 - 20:46

As in everything... caveat emptor.

Nuff said. Rough deal with the 8 grand, man. I'm sorry to hear that. They almost got me initially, but this place actually saved me from making the same mistake.
In space, no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise.

#34 KMWK

KMWK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 20:52

:ph34r: I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug! :rolleyes:

#35 Copterpilot213

Copterpilot213

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, Video Games, Movies, Dirt Biking, Electric Guitar, My band, Reading fantasy novels.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:14

I think it's good that you shared your story.

Any potential helicopter student or anyone looking to invest such a large amount of money should research everything about any school and read contracts carefully and do whatever they can to make sure they're making the right decision for their needs and situation. Unless they're filthy rich of course. ;)
Posted Image

#36 puravida

puravida

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 17:30

I'm gonna be a little juvenile

IBTL (in before the lock)

...you should here the financial "advisor's" at the corporate level. They just basically don't care. I had a conversation with one when they moved that department to the new building. One girl just basically laughed that a guy with bad credit went the distance and pulled a loan through them which i calculated out to be over 200k in the end.

Its a business. If you return items in my company there is a 20% restocking fee.

Really any contract is worth paying a lawyer 2 hours to make sure your not going to get hosed. Because then they are liable =p

I have seen one guy go from zero hours to commercial Helo license in just under 3 months. In my case, due to my stellar learning abilities, money is no object, and extreme dedication, I got my private helo license in just over 19 years....see, I told you there is a range !

....see you in the sky in 2030.

#37 Marc D

Marc D

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Company working for:Air Evac 16 Muscle Shoals AL

Posted 30 August 2007 - 18:27

Isn't there a contract to sign? Didn't you ask "what if I change my mind half way through"? Was this information not available before you started?
I'm serious here. Was none of this information made available beforehand? If you "researched it" didn't you even ask them, "what if I want out because I decide I don't like flying?" Didn't you ask what the "terms" of the loan were. Heck, even Verizon has a long term contract! If you want out, it will cost you $175 bucks, period. No arguments, it's in the contract.
Remember, the borrower is servant to the Lender. If you 'ain't got no money' and you come and say teach me to fly and pay for it, "I'll pay you back I promise", well, they OWN you.

I mean this seriously, not to insult, but to follow up on the original post. To the next person to enroll at a flight school. DO YOUR RESEARCH. NOTHING IS FOR FREE! And nobody is going to loan you money without the opportunity to make money.

Marc D.

#38 clay

clay

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 18:38

Isn't there a contract to sign? Didn't you ask "what if I change my mind half way through"? Was this information not available before you started?
I'm serious here. Was none of this information made available beforehand? If you "researched it" didn't you even ask them, "what if I want out because I decide I don't like flying?" Didn't you ask what the "terms" of the loan were. Heck, even Verizon has a long term contract! If you want out, it will cost you $175 bucks, period. No arguments, it's in the contract.
Remember, the borrower is servant to the Lender. If you 'ain't got no money' and you come and say teach me to fly and pay for it, "I'll pay you back I promise", well, they OWN you.

I mean this seriously, not to insult, but to follow up on the original post. To the next person to enroll at a flight school. DO YOUR RESEARCH. NOTHING IS FOR FREE! And nobody is going to loan you money without the opportunity to make money.

Marc D.

be careful Marc D. of what you say.. if you push him to far or point out his mistake, he'll beat you up when you go to Florida. I learned to stop talking about it. . :)
helicopters

#39 KMWK

KMWK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 19:56

If you池e ever in Tampa FL message me and I値l be glad to meet you and then you can get your mouth broken as you try to explain to me why I知 such an idiot.

WOW..................that's what the FAA does to people?..................I'm goin to truck drivin school. Anyone got a CB radio for sale?

:P

#40 wannabe heli pilot

wannabe heli pilot

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 22:06

WOW..................that's what the FAA does to people?..................I'm goin to truck drivin school. Anyone got a CB radio for sale?

:P

Careful now, ol' boy is golden gloves ya know. I've really have no place to say anything,but... We all learn. Clarity, what did the 150 hour newbie not teach correctly? 1700 students 500 jobs 1 company...... Work harder than your fellow student or try another school? Congratulations on the new job though.
Be not afraid of growing slowing. Be only afraid of standing still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

702HeliVRFT200JerryTrimbleGuidanceVRFTForum200UNDVRFTForum200RPMN Mag BannerTampaBayVRFT2012_200HeliAviationFT200