well my board date was today and i got the word back that i was a non select. i know that my packet is automatically in the next board but it seems unlikely that they would say no one month and yes the next. Any one know any one picked up the second time?

Any ways I know the hot question is what is competitive and what’s not so I figured I would let you know what I tired with

Im 18 graduated high school in 07

I completed 2 years of community college while I was in high school

I had a 132 on the afast

And an 85 on the asvab I cant remember my exact gt score but it was as least 10 or 15 over qualifying

Lor’s from a former army cornel in the aviation field who was my principle, a cw3 that’s a friend of mine a religious leader and an airline pilot that’s my best friends dad.

Im and eagle scout and very active in a lot of service projects in scouts school and church

I had no flight experience.

I plan to keep on trying can anyone give me some tips on what to improve be for when I try again and how long I have to wait to try again.

if any one has any advice you can reach me at fb.rider@hotmail.com

I think they seperate them into Candidate, Non-select and Non-Candidate, Non-select. Any active duty guys could verify or deny this. I would guess you're age may play a little bit in that, but don't give up on it. I went to WOCS with a guy who was 19. Although, rare, it does happen. If you have the $$ and the desire, I would go pick up a few hours in a helo to show you are trying. If you can't or don't want to, it's not a mandatory thing, and I'm certainly not suggesting you spend a bunch of money. Your recruiter also may have some info on why you were a non-select.

Either way, don't give up on it, keep at it.

CHAD

• 2 weeks later...

fb.rider,

From the info I get on the Military.com aviation forum, most street-to-seat candidates aren't picked up the first time they board. I've heard of some that got picked up somewhere after 5-9 boards. If this is what you want, keep at it, you'll make it.

z

• 3 weeks later...
fb.rider,

From the info I get on the Military.com aviation forum, most street-to-seat candidates aren't picked up the first time they board. I've heard of some that got picked up somewhere after 5-9 boards. If this is what you want, keep at it, you'll make it.

z

I was told no the first time and got in the second

go to the Warrant Officer web site and find the number for the civilian contact Mr. Howell.

My recruiter had really screwed up my packet so the board didn't give me a real first look. He's very knowledgeable and will help you sort out your packet, that's about all he can do though. I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for his help fixing mine.

• 3 weeks later...

The key thing is don't give up. My stick buddy in primary was 17 so I know it isn't your age. I have been in the Army a while and the first time I put in my packet I was fully qualified non-select. The second time I put in my packet which was 7 years later I got picked up my first board. I am sure they have particular things they are looking for but, each being different each board. So, you never know, just because you didn't get picked up this time doesn't mean you won't the next. Keep putting in your packet and hopefully you will get selected.