Another GI Bill Question

I did some reading around about post on here and the GI Bill. My question is:

I'm 38 and have about 9 years in the Army National Guard,but have been out for many years. I was thinking of re-enlisting for 6 to get my Commercial License paid for through the Gi Bill. I did call and speak to the VA and she told me. If I re-up for 6 years I would be able to draw the GI bill again and it would pay 60% of my Commecial rating. So, I get to looking around, and I just wonder if its a cap of only 11,000 dollars? Or will it pay the 60% of the total required to complete my Commercial rating?I mean 11 grand aint worth me re-uping at age 38 to not even come close to pay the 40k plus I will need to finish my Commercial. Any one know the answer and how do they dispurse the funds? Is it after so many hours or after I complete a certain section or level? I can swing the money from a family loan,if the family member knows they will be getting back 60% rather quickly. Thanks for any answers.

I did some reading around about post on here and the GI Bill. My question is:

I'm 38 and have about 9 years in the Army National Guard,but have been out for many years. I was thinking of re-enlisting for 6 to get my Commercial License paid for through the Gi Bill. I did call and speak to the VA and she told me. If I re-up for 6 years I would be able to draw the GI bill again and it would pay 60% of my Commecial rating. So, I get to looking around, and I just wonder if its a cap of only 11,000 dollars? Or will it pay the 60% of the total required to complete my Commercial rating?I mean 11 grand aint worth me re-uping at age 38 to not even come close to pay the 40k plus I will need to finish my Commercial. Any one know the answer and how do they dispurse the funds? Is it after so many hours or after I complete a certain section or level? I can swing the money from a family loan,if the family member knows they will be getting back 60% rather quickly. Thanks for any answers.

You would be able to draw the GI bill after you complete your additional 6 years, unless you deploy, then you become eligible for Chaper 1607 which doesn't pay as much (I'm getting 36%) but you get it while you are still in the Guard. It's not a 11 grand limit, it's based on the minimum required hours plus 10 %.

You get reimbursed 60% of each rating past the private up to your alloted benifit amount. Active duty personnel currently get a little over $1,000 a month for 36 months for college. If you use it for flight training, they deduct a months worth each time you get reimbursed $,1000, a little over $36,000 total. The 10% cap is hours over what the course is approved for. ( if a course is approved to do a rating in 100 hrs. the max you would get 60% reimbursement for is 110. if it took you longer you would be responsable for the additional hours yourself ) I don't know what the max benifit is for guard personnel.