4 replies to this topic

#1 Galadrium

Galadrium

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:28

I might be getting a contract to do helicopter video for a local news station. We've never had a news contract before so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or anything I should be aware of during the negotiation stage of getting this contract.

Thanks a million.
As the rotor turns.

#2 Collective Down!

Collective Down!

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 21:12

I might be getting a contract to do helicopter video for a local news station. We've never had a news contract before so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or anything I should be aware of during the negotiation stage of getting this contract.

Thanks a million.

Do you have an ENG helicopter?... Do you have to shoot live video or just tape it?

#3 tvman345

tvman345

CFI Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 20:32

I've worked in the tv news business for years. Be ready for the station you are dealing with to have absolutely no concept of aviation.

If you have any questions send me a PM...

#4 troops23

troops23

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Company working for:Mountainview Helicopters

Posted 04 August 2008 - 17:59

Be ready for the station you are dealing with to have absolutely no concept of aviation.

Ain't that the truth !! The stations I fly for cannot for the life of them seem to grasp the concepts of airspace, a/c maintenance, weather minima, or time en route ! But....I still love the work.

#5 dav

dav

• VR Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 14:42

a question for you... how did you go about getting the contract with the news station?? I am trying to go about the same process, or at least get it started; any advise or help that you can offer?? PM me if you would like

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

Spectrum_VRHome200LORD_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeBE_VRHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200