Houston area schools

I did all my training at Salaika Aviation in Danbury Tx, about 30 minutes south of houston. i went -0- time all the way through CFI and am moving on to teach. the training is done in Enstrom helicopters, which Tim has VERY reasonably priced and competes with R-22's and 300's on hourly rates. Contact info # is 979-922-8162. Tim is a DPE and everything else you could be. VERY knowledgeable. other options are ascent aviation in la porte tx, the airport code is T41 , uses a hiller. contact @ www.ascentaviation.net. anythings possible aviation over at weiser airpark, airport ID is EYQ, website is www.apaviationinc.com. Then you have Helicopters services up at KDWH (david wayne hooks) and they're website is www.heliserv.com, also at that same airport is silverstate.. i'll not expand on them. OH YEAH!! there is also another, but i prefer not even dignify that school as i read the head guys post on another forum stating "WE OFFER THE ONLY HELICOPTER FLIGHT TRAINING IN HOUSTON" and trying to get the skyfox pilot here in houston to give him a plug on tv.... blah! all of the above schools train in the robinson helicopters except for salaika, which uses enstroms. there is ONE school in pearland that i believe flies the schweizer 300cbi. i dont remember the name, and i dont remember a number. never much advertisement and ive never met one of they're students.... PM me with any questions.

I did all my training at Salaika Aviation in Danbury Tx, about 30 minutes south of houston. i went -0- time all the way through CFI and am moving on to teach. the training is done in Enstrom helicopters, which Tim has VERY reasonably priced and competes with R-22's and 300's on hourly rates. Contact info # is 979-922-8162. Tim is a DPE and everything else you could be. VERY knowledgeable. other options are ascent aviation in la porte tx, the airport code is T41 , uses a hiller. contact @ www.ascentaviation.net. anythings possible aviation over at weiser airpark, airport ID is EYQ, website is www.apaviationinc.com. Then you have Helicopters services up at KDWH (david wayne hooks) and they're website is www.heliserv.com, also at that same airport is silverstate.. i'll not expand on them. OH YEAH!! there is also another, but i prefer not even dignify that school as i read the head guys post on another forum stating "WE OFFER THE ONLY HELICOPTER FLIGHT TRAINING IN HOUSTON" and trying to get the skyfox pilot here in houston to give him a plug on tv.... blah! all of the above schools train in the robinson helicopters except for salaika, which uses enstroms. there is ONE school in pearland that i believe flies the schweizer 300cbi. i dont remember the name, and i dont remember a number. never much advertisement and ive never met one of they're students.... PM me with any questions.

Clay, congratulations on your CFI. Good luck on your move. I second everything about Salaika Aviation. I did my Instrument rating and CFII there. The Pearland operator is Gulf Coast Helicopters and I was told they only do helicopter add-on's.

Good luck.

Richard

not so much of a "heads up" . . just personally didnt like the way the managment tried to present himself on another forum, and i think managment always shows a reflection on the business

• 7 years later...

They say if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Salaika Aviation in Danbury, TX is the exception to that rule. I chose that school due to logistics only (poor decision). My experience at this school was, unfortunately, a very negative one due to unethical behavior and a complete lack of professionalism. Because of that negative experience, I personally would not recommend Salaika Aviation. This is my opinion.