new guy WOFT question

Hi guy's;

I am 20, have an AS degree and a little Fixed wing flight time. I have letters of reference from my flight instructor, my US Senator who knows me well and personally, and my employer (retired US Army). My ASVAB GT is 137 and AFQT 97. My AFAST is 106. So, i would like any comments on my chances of being selected. Am I just wasting my time?

Thanks!!

Your answer is... Yes, No, and Maybe... The only way to truly know is to put your packet in and let the panel of experts decide. If you search around the General Military Helicopter Discussions forum... You will find a slew of people asking the same question, and the answer is usually the same.

Answer these and put your packet in:

What do I have others that are applying don't?

How can I set myself/packet apart from the others I am going against?

What exactly is the Army looking for in a pilot/street to seat candidate? And how can I get there?

CHAD

Thanks! I am working on the package now. I spent the past two years in ROTC and have decided that being an officer is not for me. I am a doer, not a paper pusher. The next Rec Bn board is April. If I am non-selected, I will probably take the 18X enlistment option. Then if I make it through to SFQC and follow-on training, re-submit the WOFT package.

Thanks again.

Your answer is... Yes, No, and Maybe... The only way to truly know is to put your packet in and let the panel of experts decide. If you search around the General Military Helicopter Discussions forum... You will find a slew of people asking the same question, and the answer is usually the same.

Answer these and put your packet in:

What do I have others that are applying don't?

How can I set myself/packet apart from the others I am going against?

What exactly is the Army looking for in a pilot/street to seat candidate? And how can I get there?

CHAD