NVG compatible torch V² green and white

Hi all,

from a thread at PPRuNe incited, I contacted a local manufacturer of torches and they told me, that they have a torch, which might fit my needs.

I ordered one to check it out.

By now I´ve received my little new torch, used it during night shift - and I love it.

The green LED doesn´t disturb the NVG at all and the 5 white LEDs are so bright, that preflight and refueling at night is a piece of cake.

I made a short video, so that you can have a look as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIkAlZ08_Wk

The switch for the white light is black and is furrowed, while the switch for the green light is green ;-) and smooth.

Without gloves easy to feel - but I think, even with gloves you find the right light.

The white light is more than sufficent for preflight and refueling - but not for long long distance illumination.

I personaly like it, to have white light until starting the engines, having a chance to see wether the a/c is just wet from rain - or may be leaking hydraulic fluid.....

Now I only need to take one torch with me for NVG operations.

Shorter than the MiniMag, supplied by the boss, it fits easy in a pocket - but is to thick to be placed into a pencilpocket.

Nevertheless, normaly for night operations, I have a keyband attached to my lights and have that around my neck anyway, so pulling the torch out of the pocket is no problem at all...

Greetings Flying Bull