Street to Seat Program

JJ,

The packets are the same, no matter what part of the Army you are applying to. The difference is who looks at it and selects, and to be honest, i don't know that part of the Reserves. I will put a link at the bottom of this post for you to look at the requirements of the packet. Do you have a Reserve unit you are already looking at? If so, contact them. Their S1 (personnel) section will know exactly what you will need for their unit.

CHAD

GO HOOKS!

http://usawocc.army.mil/warrant_off/howtowo.htm

Edited by FLHooker

Army Reserve's have most of their units in the south and out west. Kentucky, Texas, Virginia, Colorado, and California. I'm not sure how the Reserves are doing in terms of slots for pilots, but I know that the guys are Ft. Eustis, VA are over strengthed.

JJ,

I am applying for the WOFT program in a Res unit in Texas. I went to the unit first and made some contacts and then went to the recruiters. Finding a recruiter that will work with you can be difficult. It may take a couple of tris with different ones. The best advice I have gotten so far is " Be polite, be persistent, and don't give up". The recruiters will probably try to talk you into enlisting then submitting a packet from with in because this is the easiest thing for them. Street to seat packets, from what I understand are rare and time consuming. Allot of recruiters don't like them or just plain don't know how to do one. It is a long drawn out process.

I haven't heard of a hiring freeze. I hope that is not true because I have already spent allot of time on my packet. I have spent the last two drill weekends at the unit and no one has said anything like that to me. If anybody knows anything concrete I would like to hear it.

AndrewT,

You say... "middle of a 3 year hiring freeze"... While I can not confirm or 100% deny that, I left Rucker only 7 months ago, and well... sure didn't see that. Never heard of it coming down the pike either. I know that Army wide we are hurting for Apache pilots. Reserves have a good amount of Apaches...

While, I'm Guard, I know we are not in a hiring freeze. We have plenty of slots to be had.

CHAD

Thats just the news that I got from a recruiter who called Army Reserve Command. I thought it was weird when I heard it, but all I can say is that I was told. He said that they were denying all packets that came through because they didn't have the budget for it.

Tex-Pilot, if you spent so much time with your unit and with your recruiter putting that packet together, I'd think that SOMEONE would have told you something. So I'm thinking that the recruiter on my end didn't get the full story. And since Hooker had reserve pilots in his class, I think I got fed bad info..... :huh: