More USCG DCA questions...

I'm an Army pilot that's prepping my DCA packet for the upcoming board and going for an interview in the near future. I have some questions for any of you current USCG pilots out there- especially those of you ex-Army guys that might be able to give me some feedback on what to consider in the coming times if selected. The one thread I found on DCA answered some of the basic questions.

1) Any tips for the interview? What it consists of?

2) I'm a 60 guy with 2000TT. I've been told,"you'll probably get 60's." How does aircraft assignment work? Or is it based on duty station? I talked to both CG and ex-Army CG while working down at OPBAT and got various answers. I even spoke with one who started in 60's, went to 65's and is now in Hercs. I'd love to continue with 60's but I'm also interested in venturing out to something new.

3) Duty assignment. From another thread I gathered that one spends about 4 years per location. I would assume "needs of the CG" supersede my own desire so my question is how much latitude would I have in duty assignment and is it related to airframe selection? PCSing after your first assignment...any choice in the matter? For instance, I was told if I were to get San Diego that I would more than likely head to AK afterwards. Not that I mind...just trying to get a feel for the process and give my wife an idea of what may lie ahead.

I went into the WOFT program, basic, flight school, aircraft selection, and duty assignment in a relative vacuum and wish I had known any number of things before making those decisions. If any of you guys wouldn't mind opening up a dialog and giving me any pertinent info you think may help me down the line it would be much appreciated. Heheh, my wife would appreciate it too....thanks.

I'm an Army pilot that's prepping my DCA packet for the upcoming board and going for an interview in the near future. I have some questions for any of you current USCG pilots out there- especially those of you ex-Army guys that might be able to give me some feedback on what to consider in the coming times if selected.

There's poster on this forum under the name Dolphindriver, He's a prior Army/CG pilot- it'd be a good idea to shoot him a PM, I'm sure he could answer any additional questions you may have.

Edited by Helo_Rookie