Need some info for advantages of aviation unit in law enforcement

I am looking for any information related to the benefits of having an aviation unit in law enforcement. Is there any good place to go for studies, i.e the uses/benefits of having a helicopter, cost analysis, different types of helicopters used for LE, i.e a piston vs a turbine. Any help is appreciated. I am trying to put a proposal together for our agency. Thanks very much. I can be emailed at sv81@clearviewcatv.net

Sean

I am looking for any information related to the benefits of having an aviation unit in law enforcement. Is there any good place to go for studies, i.e the uses/benefits of having a helicopter, cost analysis, different types of helicopters used for LE, i.e a piston vs a turbine. Any help is appreciated. I am trying to put a proposal together for our agency. Thanks very much. I can be emailed at sv81@clearviewcatv.net

Sean

The ALEA site has a wealth of information. The members section provides study references, unit manuals and more to help you out. You'll have to become a member to access the information but it is worth it. Lots of good stuff there.

The ALEA site has a wealth of information. The members section provides study references, unit manuals and more to help you out. You'll have to become a member to access the information but it is worth it. Lots of good stuff there.

Thanks for the replies. I joined ALEA last Thursday, still waiting for access to the site. It's going to take a little while and creative writing, but I think it can/will be done in the next several years. If there is any other input I do appreciate it. Thank you all.

Sean

Thanks for the replies. I joined ALEA last Thursday, still waiting for access to the site. It's going to take a little while and creative writing, but I think it can/will be done in the next several years. If there is any other input I do appreciate it. Thank you all.

Sean

ALEA has a whole "New Unit Start Up" package that is available. It is very informative and can be the basis for your staff report. There are copies of safety manuals, unit manuals etc. You can just modify them to suit your needs. Good Luck.

Jeff

• 9 months later...