Best Helicopter For the 500k and less price range

ShitHot

I was just wondering what you guys would personally buy as a personal turbine helicopter (New or Used) some of the obvious contenders are 206's, 500 e's and a-stars but what do you guys think is the best overall value when it comes to performance vs comfort.

I was just thinking because, i have a 78' 206 which i bought for 375 a few months ago, dropped 100,000 k into if for a greaseless kmax drive shaft and avionics, and have a potential buyer willing to pay 580,000, and frankly the jetranger is a less impressive helicopter in my experience then 500's. Its a good bird, but pocketing 100 grand, and a 500 doesnt sound like a bad day out either. What do you guys think, keep the 206, which to give it credit is a great ship for what i do. But i just love the response you get with 3 more blades and a fully articulated blade system.

i think its funny, from my experience flying 500's, even the low skids of a md/hughes seem like stilts compared to the schweizer or jetranger skids im accustomed to. My dads got 520N with hi skids and i love those tall skids. Nice bird, i must admit im envious, if you know of any nice ones on the market let me know. Cause i think id rather has a 500 then a 206 (the 500 is a real pilots helicopter) the 206 is a real pedestrian passenger helicopter. Everything ive flown feels inferior to the snappyness and speed you get out of a 500, nice ship man.

Funny you should ask......I have been debating with the idea of selling mine.

It is not really what I want to do, but my main business is construction and things have been a little slow. I have not made up my mind yet as to what I am going to do. If you are really interested, let me know....

Im deadly serious about making an offer if you do decide to put it on the market, im in the process of selling my 206 and am looking for a nice md, and it looks like you have a nice one. Shoot me a pm if your at all interested.

The nice things about these ship is that they continually appreciate......unlike robbies that are worth less and less by the day.

Careful now !!

My R 22 is worth at least 25K more than I paid for it a year ago (deducting for the time on it of course).

I wouldnt want to buy a 44 right now, with the 66 less than a year away...maybe a few on the market next year.

I would really take a close look at the Enstrom 480B...really nice ship. I have never flown one, but talked at some length to an owner of one, seems at least worth looking at.

The back seat in a 500 is pretty useless for us tall guys. Kids 10 and under fit fine !!

P5160058.jpg

"500" Only way to go, both me and Beloved (well she did let me buy it) are both over 6Ft and she never complains about sitting in the back.

But the Enstrom was rather nice if slow

DSCF0033.jpg

P5160058.jpg

"500" Only way to go, both me and Beloved (well she did let me buy it) are both over 6Ft and she never complains about sitting in the back.

But the Enstrom was rather nice if slow

DSCF0033.jpg

Ya, i think if i can make a profit off selling my bell, id buy a oh-6 or a 500, they just perform.