My CFI Binder

wait4me

So I passed my CFI checkride Monday, and though I had some minor hiccups all went well.

I spent a couple of months preparing my CFI reference binder, and although it was of little use during the actual checkride, I'm sure it will be of use in the coming months if I ever find a job instructing.

I figure posting it here may be of help to someone else who is preparing to start their CFI. I created much of it using Openoffice.org draw, and you'll need that program to open the files. It is organized in much the same way as the PTS, but also includes lots of pdf publications and pretty much anything I found of use while preparing for the checkride. I don't necessarily suggest printing this out to use as your own binder, since the creation of such a resource helps you learn, but do with it as you wish at your own risk. I certainly don't guarantee that everything contained within is 100% accurate.

I'm hosting on rapidshare since I don't have my own webspace to host, and their free service is only good for like 10 downloads. If anyone else wants it after that expires, post and I'll find some way to get it back up.

http://rapidshare.com/files/266588318/CFI.rar.html

The file is 187 megs and is compressed with winrar.

So that was a dirty trick I guess. I've used rapidshare for many things in the past but didn't realize until after I'd uploaded this morning that it was now limited to 10 uses. This must be a fairly new practice. I uploaded to sendspace. This link should last...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/41gnrd

Of note some of what I have was based on or influenced by Thomas Jorgensen's excellent resource http://airscrew.dk if you guys haven't seen it.

hey. congrats on your CFI cert. I'm going to go that direction here soon and would love to check out your binder. I'm not planning to get a job as a CFI, it's just more for my experience.

Can u upload it again? It has reached its maximum downloads of 10.

Or just send link to deerock@earthlink.net if u want to email directly at your convenience?

Thanks

Derek

• 2 weeks later...
hey. congrats on your CFI cert. I'm going to go that direction here soon and would love to check out your binder. I'm not planning to get a job as a CFI, it's just more for my experience.

Can u upload it again? It has reached its maximum downloads of 10.

Or just send link to deerock@earthlink.net if u want to email directly at your convenience?

Thanks

Derek

deerock

can you email your binder to spubar44@yahoo.com

Deerock and Spubar (and anybody else who's interested),

I've been working on an online flight training syllabus. It's free, but styled after the wikipedia concept. You can check it out here [link]. Would appreciate a PM or comment on the site's "bug reporting" page letting me know what you think.

--c

• 4 weeks later...