I was Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on Trying to Fly for the Army. I have two years of Community College and am starting to get my Private Fixed Wing Rating. and am Starting at Embry Riddle. I want to Fly for the Army What is the realalistic probability of getting into WOFT as a Civilian? Any Suggestions? Should I get the Four year degree then apply, or apply now and try to get picked up?

Thanks

-Kevin

If you're going to Embry-Riddle, talk to a Captain Mario Ochoa in the Army ROTC department.  He started out as Warrant Officer and later made the switch.  If you're doing college too, man... check out ROTC.  It is pretty easy, they can pay for your college (trust me, you need that at ERAU), and you get a commission as a second lieutenant right out of the box.  And, if you want to fly, become a Medical Service Corps officer and fly Medevac.  

You sound a lot like me when I first started looking at flying for the military.  I'm an alumni from ERAU, and the ROTC department there set me straight and they helped me out a lot...  if you'd like to talk further, just PM me, and we'll talk.

By the way, speaking of which, Pepper... how's your packet going?  Keep me posted man!  

Good luck and take care.

Alex

• 2 years later...