Animal herding with helicopter

Ivan

Hello

I'm right now on my CFI and I need information about Animal herding with helicopter.

Does anybody know a internet site or have some pictures because I must have a presentation about this topic?

Thank's for help

Yes it is for a presentation in front of the CFI ground school class.

Ivan,

Check out the below websites.  Also try Google, and search images for cattle herding helicopters or jackaroos(Australian cowboys).

Good luck!

Rob

www.schools.nt.edu.au/ batchas/tmen/3stkcmp.htm

www.flyingjservices.com/ html/cattle.html

Howdy:

In a previuos life I was OAS carded for animal capture, eradication, tagging and darting. Did some wild horse and burro work. I have worked in one way or another with most of the predators and big game animals on North America. Animal herding/wildlife work/low level work period can be a bit dicey. This then begs the question. Why does a new CFI need to do a presentation on animal herding? Last I looked there was no FAA requirement for it. I happened to be be at a helicopter flight school recently and was dumb founded to hear some students discussing Cat A helicopter operations. What happened to the crawl, walk, run.