How High Can You Go?

Ok So I was reveiwing Airspaces and I had two Questions

The First is, How high can someone place an object (balloons, blow up things, temp. poles or wires, etc..)above the ground and who regulates it? For example if Billy bob had a Mattress store and wanted to Blow up a ton of ballons and float them are there restrictions, and if there are who restricts it, If the store was across the street of the airport at the end of a runway and billy bob was floating balloons at 100-300 AGL It would be dangerous. Even though he and his store is on the floor the (for this example Class D) Airspace goes to the Surface do theese balloons interfer with the Airspace causeing the FAA to have a Say in controlling those balloons?

Question two I think I already know the answer to. but here we go Can you fly into Class G Airspace if it is bellow VFR Mininums? (such as SVFR)

Have another Question

In Class E Airspace You dont need a radio, Right? What about if it is below VFR Min. Do you need one now since this requires an ATC Clearence?

Thx in Advance

-Kevin

Question two I think I already know the answer to. but here we go Can you fly into Class G Airspace if it is bellow VFR Mininums? (such as SVFR)

Have another Question

In Class E Airspace You dont need a radio, Right? What about if it is below VFR Min. Do you need one now since this requires an ATC Clearence?

I can't answer your first question without some research, but I am sure somebody else can.

SVFR is only for controlled airspace, and so it can't be used in Class G. If the weather was below minimums, you could not take off or land in Class G. However, the helicopter minimums in Class G are so low that you could legally fly in almost any weather, as long as you remained clear of clouds and flew slow enough to see and avoid obstacles; Personally, I wouldn't fly in weather that bad, or even approaching that bad.

In class E, if the weather is below minimums you need an IFR clearance, and to fly IFR you need a radio. If you were out flying, and needed an SVFR clearance you would need a radio to contact the facility that would issue the clearance. You could take off with a SVFR clearance in a helicopter without a radio (unless I have missed something in the regs), but it would be very difficult to coordinate.

Of course if the visibility is so bad that you need a SVFR clearance to take off, you probably shouldn't be flying.

Edited by PhotoFlyer

...if Billy bob had a Mattress store and wanted to Blow up a ton of ballons and float them are there restrictions, and if there are who restricts it?
There is a more generalized regulation which comes under the heading of "hazard to air navigation". Billy Bob can fly his balloons, but if they are deemed a hazard, he will get a visit from the law. If Billy Bob was in the middle of nowhere, 30 miles from the nearest airport, he could still find trouble if he flew his stuff high enough. If he wanted or needed to put something up that might be a hazard, he can contact the local FSDO to see about a NOTAM to warn pilots.
SVFR is a clearance, not a set of wx conditions. A helicopter pilot can fly in Class G airspace as long as the conditions are see and avoid, clear of clouds, no SVFR is required or available.
Unless the Class E airspace is a surface area around an airport, you cannot operate VFR if the wx is below VFR minimums. As PhotoFlyer already pointed out, that would have to be IFR operation - 91.205(d)(2) lists a radio as required equipment. For below-VFR-operation at an airport inside a Class E surface area, you can get a SVFR clearance, which also requires a radio at some point - if not to get the clearance (you could do that over the phone), then to report VFR once clear of the IFR conditions.

Billy bob had a Mattress store and wanted to Blow up a ton of ballons and float them are there restrictions

Hmmm, this would indeed be interesting, because doesn't it say in 91.113 that "A balloon has the right-of-way over any other category of aircraft!" Imgaine having to give way to a ton of charity balloons who don't really care where they are going or how long it takes them to get there!

In all seriousness, Part 101 covers regulations on some 'aerial' activities, although not the sort of mass balloon launch you are talking about. It does however concern tethered advertising balloons.

I have not found anything more particular on this subject, other than to say, it would be prudent to notify the FAA (via the FSDO) who will offer guidance as to how to proceed within the limits of any local or national laws.

Joker