How do i find a job who will sponsor me a workvisa???

Hi all together..

I must say, I really like verticalreference.com a lot, because I found a lot of informations here.

So now I have a problem where i could not fond a answer to yet.

I am from germany, and i will stard my Helicopter school in January 2007 in Florida. I will come to the USA with a J-1 visa and i can stay 24 month with it.

I will get my FAA/JAA CFI and I hope my CFII license.

I should have after this 2 years almost 1000 hours.

This school has the Schweizer 300CB/CBi, with additional training available in the Robinson R-22 and Bell 206B JetRanger.

So now my question is, how can i find a work after my training that will and can sponsors me a workvisa??? :o

Thanks already

alexa9776

• 1 month later...
Hi all together..

I must say, I really like verticalreference.com a lot, because I found a lot of informations here.

So now I have a problem where i could not fond a answer to yet.

I am from germany, and i will stard my Helicopter school in January 2007 in Florida. I will come to the USA with a J-1 visa and i can stay 24 month with it.

I will get my FAA/JAA CFI and I hope my CFII license.

I should have after this 2 years almost 1000 hours.

This school has the Schweizer 300CB/CBi, with additional training available in the Robinson R-22 and Bell 206B JetRanger.

So now my question is, how can i find a work after my training that will and can sponsors me a workvisa??? :o

Thanks already

alexa9776

Do yourself a favour. Do not think too far ahead. It will take time to get the training you wrote about. A lot of things can happen till the end of the J-1. You might finish your training within 12-18 months or later. The longer it takes, the less likely you will get hired on the remaining visa.

VERY difficult to find someone to sponsor you a work visa, even with 1000-2000 hrs, in any case. Just too much hassle involved.

I'm afraid he is right... I know two people who came here on the J-1, went to HAI, got their training, then worked as a CFI, got their thousand hours, and couldn't find a job that would sponsor them. Both are now back in Europe.

If you are planning to do this, and return to Germany to work after the 2 years, great, more power to you. If you are counting on staying, that is a risky move.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I had the same problem as you have and I contact some ex-HAI'ers and they gave me the following advise:

Dont do the Jaa/Faa program, that will take to much time.

Do the Faa program (PPL, R22 transition, IR, CPL, CFI, CFII) which will take aprox 12 months. After this you will have plenty time on your J-1 left for working as an instructor.

After your 2 years in the us, go to your homecountry* and do the ATPL (14 or 13 exams) which will allow your after finishing to work in Europe, as an instructor (after getting your JAA CFI) or offshore. For offshore you will need an IR which will cost you a lot of money (I thought about 13.000 Pounds!!!), but it might be possible that the company will deliever that IR (if you are verry lucky though)

*you can also start learning for your ATPL when you are working as an instructor by doing distance learning for example at Bristol UK.

This is what they advise me to do.

I think im going to take this route either at HAI in januari 2007 or at an other school at M-1 visa (1 year) but im not sure about that second option yet.

Greats,

Wanna-be