Flight training in the San Francisco Bay Area

I am new to the helicopter community. I am interested in learning to fly a helicopter as a private pilot, for the love of flying. I have ridden in several helicopters and now it's time for me to be in the pilot seat. Do you have any recommendations for a flight training in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Your help and advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

I am new to the helicopter community. I am interested in learning to fly a helicopter as a private pilot, for the love of flying. I have riden in several helicopters and now it's time for me to be in the pilot seat. Do you have any recommendations for a flight training in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Your help and advise will be appreciated.

Thank you

Hey there is HAI in Concord I haven't been there, but from what I've read they are supposed to be good.

Hey there is HAI in Concord I haven't been there, but from what I've read they are supposed to be good.

Yes, HAI does have an office presence in Concord. I will look into it. They seem to have a more reasonable training plan compared to SSH in Oakland and Golden Gate Helicopter in San Carlos. I'm only looking into flying as an enthusiast.

Any advise or comments for a new pilot would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you

In the SF area and NorCal you have HAI in Concord, GGH in San Carlos, SSH in Oakland/MCC/Los Banos, Nice Air at Reid-Hillview, High Sierra Helicopters in Placerville, Specialized Helicopters in Watsonville, and what used to be Rancho Rotors (they just changed the name and I'm not sure what the new one is) in Rancho Murietta. High Sierra Helicopters, HAI, and Nice Air train in the Schweizer 300; SSH, GGH, and Specialized use the R22 and R44; while Rancho Rotors uses the Bell 47.

There are a few other schools in NorCal, but would probably be too far to drive to for a lesson depending on where in the bay area you are located.

Doug