What should I weigh?

I have to drop some weight before heading off for training. I am a former college football player, and they taught us how to gain and not how to lose, I guess ;) . My question is what weight should I be down to when I walk in the hangar?

Well for the R-22 they will suggest that you are under 230/240 lbs. At the end of the day, if you are 255 they arent going to turn down your money. They will simply re-arrange their timetables so that you have a light instructor. :rolleyes:

Well for the R-22 they will suggest that you are under 230/240 lbs. At the end of the day, if you are 255 they arent going to turn down your money. They will simply re-arrange their timetables so that you have a light instructor. :rolleyes:

Except that the max seat-weight is 240. You, everything you're wearing and everything in the storage compartment under the seat combined must weigh less than that. If you have a light-weight instructor and half-fuel, you might be under max gross weight and could even be within lateral CG but you still won't be legal.

If you're only a few pounds over, you might never notice it but the seats are designed to crush in a hard landing. I think the restriction has something to do with the design limits of the seats. If you were hurt in an incident/accident the insurance company might not want to pay because the a/c was operated in violation of the POH.

If you're flying something other than an R-22, those restrictions don't apply.

Boy do I feel your pain....So far I've droped 25lbs and still going (boy I hate that Jared dork). I want to get under 200 by the time I get my training over. After spending so much time on here reading the info it seems like a few more doors open the lighter you are.

No protein shakes for you!

(Shake Nazi)

Get yourself as light as possible for your height. And if you're a little over, that's ok too.

I'd lose some weight myself, but I'm too lazy. Maybe I could pay someone to lose it for me?

Later