Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About gruberwaite

  • Rank
  1. gruberwaite

    The beginning

    You may find it helpful to pick up a FAR/AIM and look to the AIM section to help you with some helpful material. Also if you are in an aviation unit ask one of the MTP if they know where to get a study guide. I took my AFAST in Afghanistan and with the help of a chief warrant getting me the study guide, I studied for two weeks and scored a 138. Unfortunately I had a bad back. But now I'm in flight training at a great civilian program and my Post 9/11 is covering the cost. If you have any other questions I would be glad to help if I can. gruberwaite@ymail.com
  2. If your flight training is conducted in conjunction with an accredited college that you have secured a student loan or paid for out of pocket then yes. Grants and scholarships don't count. However if not then only after achieving the commercial rating will you be able to write it off. Save your receipts for your equipment ie: headset, books, flight gear, because those are all required for you CFI training.
  3. When you have an engine failure between 8' and 500' you are usually in a takeoff configuration. That being the case you also should have passed through ETL and have a significant forward airspeed. When you come back on the cyclic this will increase your rotor RPM which would require you to lower the collective to "catch the build". If you are hovering over 8' then you will just have to use your judgment, based on your actual altitude, to determine how much to lower the collective if any.
  • Create New...