Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'disability'.
Found 2 results
I am currently in guard and was in for 6 yrs prior service active duty. When I was initially building my packet, I didnt declare disability on my prior Class 1 (the one for the board) because my VA claim wasn't processed yet back then, it was still pending decision for the rating. Fast forward today, I already got selected, went through WOCS and about to move on to WOBC phase. My situation is that I have VA disability and that im wondering if I should declare that now when I go through another initial class 1 at Rucker (The one right before flight school). I just don't want to kick myself for opening up a can of worms when i shouldn't have. Will the flight surgeon see that I have disability? Should I declare that I have disability?
Hello forum members, I searched but was unable to find anything in relation to my subject, hence the new post. I come to you seeking alternate answers to my dilema. I am in the proccess of putting together a WOCS-WOFT packet but ive hit a roadblock with the recruiter. He informed me that he cannot schedule me for a physical at MEPS or a Flight physical until I relinquish my VA Partial Disability benefits. A little background on me: I am a former 11B, served 5 years 05'-10', got injured in my first deployment (IED during the surge in OIF). I am about to finish my B.S. at FIU in Miami FL. I applied for partial disability in leg scars, following the directions i was given at the time while ETSing. My Partial disability is only for scars, nothing that prevents me from running, lifting, jumping etc. I am going to MEPS tomorrow myself to see if I can find someone to talk to. The reason I do not want to just drop my disability benefit is because being accepted into WOCS is never a sure thing. Of course I am confident in my packet, but loosing out on a lifetime benefit if I am not selected is not in my best interest. I suppose one of the first questions that I have is if anyone has faced a similar situation and how the handled it? Otherwise, is there a loophole I am not aware of? or perhaps is there anybody here that works in USAREC that might have more insight than my recruiter? My recruited already told me I should enlist back into infantry and apply for WOFT from within, so I dont fully trust him either. Thanks in advance for any help on this subject, and I apologize for making such a long winded first post.