Congrats, FLHooker

I wanted to offer my congratulations to FLHooker (aka Chad) for making PC this weekend. Way to go!!!BTW, He accomplished this feat as an MDay pilot in minimal time.

Edit: PC = Pilot in Command. This means FLHooker is now responsible for the supervision/training of junior pilots. He can take the keys without "daddy" sitting in the seat next to him. It is what we called Helicopter Aircraft Commander (HAC) in the Navy. A big step and a big increase in responsibility.

Edited by Rob Lyman

I wanted to offer my congratulations to FLHooker (aka Chad) for making PC this weekend. Way to go!!!BTW, He accomplished this feat as an MDay pilot in minimal time.

so what is PC?

At any rate, congrats on making it in minimal time.

Hey! Congratulations!!!

2.5 day check ride? Geez, that should give those of us sweating the private check-ride a little perspective :)

"Edit: PC = Pilot in Command. This means FLHooker is now responsible for the supervision/training of junior pilots. He can take the keys without "daddy" sitting in the seat next to him. It is what we called Helicopter Aircraft Commander (HAC) in the Navy. A big step and a big increase in responsibility.

"

I see...seriously, congrats Chad..way to go.

LOL thats awesome....

For me, there was little celebration for making HAC, but my 1000 hr mark was a different story. The aircrew and maintenance guys spot tied my hands behind my back, spot tied my feet, hoisted me from the maintenance crane in the ship's hangar, then painted a "1000" on my forehead with grease.

I think I would have preferred pushups in the mud. :D