300C Governor

Why would you want to? Throttle correlation is pretty easy in the 300's no linkage slop like on some of the 47's I have flown. Once you get use to it you don't even think about it. If you learned on a machine that has one, yes the transition takes a little bit of time and training.  There is always that other helicopter that has a governor.

schweizer make an engine throttle govenor part number 269A 4995-301/-303  i dont know the cost or if it can be retro fitted

also through the grapevine i have heard that it is not as good as the robinson one !    :overhere:

• 2 months later...
Why would you want to? Throttle correlation is pretty easy in the 300's no linkage slop like on some of the 47's I have flown. Once you get use to it you don't even think about it. If you learned on a machine that has one, yes the transition takes a little bit of time and training.  There is always that other helicopter that has a governor.

I love using the throttle guv on a 300C. It lets me pretend I'm flying a turbine ship  :;): .

Dave Blevins

• 2 months later...

My experience of a govened 300 is that it's not as good as the robinson and the system seems to need some kind of hysteresis built in, it is always hunting (albeit tinily) for the right RPM, which results in irritating nose twitch in yaw with the system switched on.

Correctly setup the throttle correlation on the 300 in the normal operating range is pretty good.

V.

• 2 weeks later...
My experience of a govened 300 is that it's not as good as the robinson and the system seems to need some kind of hysteresis built in, it is always hunting (albeit tinily) for the right RPM, which results in irritating nose twitch in yaw with the system switched on.

Correctly setup the throttle correlation on the 300 in the normal operating range is pretty good.

V.

Then I would say it's not set up correctly. I've flown two gov'd 300Cs and the governors worked perfectly.

dB.