AGRI brick (autorotation glide radius indicator)

Ha Ha, I've never used one but it looks like it would be a great tool to have during an Emergency!

Do you have a Schweizer Part Number for it?

:-) that's funny, i should have thought of that!! any suggestions on the number to use?

dp

'cause it's too heavy for the R22 :D

Its only too heavy if its on "my" side of the ship. Heck, I even put my cell phone under the passenger seat !

I've never seen a 300 with storage under the seats. They leave that as collapsible space in the event a person screws things up an hits hard.

What is the glide ratio of a 22? I'm remembering the 300 has about a 3:1, but I'll have to look it up for sure.

I've never seen a 300 with storage under the seats. They leave that as collapsible space in the event a person screws things up an hits hard.

What is the glide ratio of a 22? I'm remembering the 300 has about a 3:1, but I'll have to look it up for sure.

I heard the 300 was steeper than that. Like 1:1 or 0:1....?

I heard the 300 was steeper than that. Like 1:1 or 0:1....?

Ha, I've autorotated backwords in a 300. The winds at 500ft agl were strong enough to give us backwords ground speed. We did eventually do a power recovery and go around, but it's pretty wierd to be going backwords in an auto.

Ha, I've autorotated backwords in a 300. The winds at 500ft agl were strong enough to give us backwords ground speed. We did eventually do a power recovery and go around, but it's pretty wierd to be going backwords in an auto.

Would you have to do a forward flare?! :huh:

Yeah, it was just at the entry of the Auto when we were going backwords. After losing some altitude, the winds closer to the ground were not as strong so the first one we did we went around, then we attempted the next one to hover. At the bottom we did have forward ground speed. Not very much, but enough to flair and touch down with no fore or aft movement, stright vertical. It really plays with timing the entries, if you were trying to have any precision in the touchdown at all.