CFI is now done.

Yay for me. B) Got done with my CFI check ride today, now to get my double I all while packing up the house and such for an up coming move by the end of the month.

Oh to have a job right now and get the double I later...... :D :P

Thanks!

As to the move and a job..... don't I wish!

Long drawn out story made short, but enough to understand, my wife has M.S., before moving here she was doing ok, we made multiple budgets, planned and over planned, but then corn being used for fuel and other things caught up to the economic situation and groceries have been more than double what they were for us in Phoenix, then my wife's health got worse, so that has kept me from training and studying quite a few times and has dragged my training past 12 months.

I budgeted for $13,000 extra in my savings to supplement CFI pay for the first year. Well coupled with all mentioned above, we have been using it to live on for the last few months. SSH collapse and a market with plenty of CFI's right now and well, you get the picture. SO, we are moving to Florida, my Dad has 35 acres he owns, he is more than excited to have us, he will watch after my wife and boys, while I go to wherever I can find a job, that way we do not have to pay to rent a house, I'll rent a room from someone and I'll be John, works 6-7 days a week pilot, keeping only what I need. Then when I can find a company I will call home for a while, I'll bring the family.

So there you have it, more info than you prolly thought you'd get, but enough to understand and know me a bit better. ;) :)

Thanks again for the kudos.

Thanks!

Well coupled with all mentioned above, we have been using it to live on for the last few months. SSH collapse and a market with plenty of CFI's right now and well, you get the picture.

Congrats I wish you good luck. I know a few cfi's in your position right now looking for work, its out there but very difficult to obtain at this point, keep trying.

Thanks!

Well coupled with all mentioned above, we have been using it to live on for the last few months. SSH collapse and a market with plenty of CFI's right now and well, you get the picture.

Congrats I wish you good luck. I know a few cfi's in your position right now looking for work, its out there but very difficult to obtain at this point, keep trying.

Thanks, will for certain do.

I was reading your post about whether or not to continue, I feel ya. I quit my last job/business that I made over 85 k TAKE HOME to pursue what I'd wanted for many many moons. So we sold the house and a bunch of stuff, after I tried to talk my wife out of letting me do this by giving her every horror story I'd ever read or heard about, so I understand this is a big decision. I too wish YOU well in your trying to decide.

My goal is to find some smaller company that maybe has several irons in the fire of what it is they do that I can plant roots with, even if it is not the big bucks type place, just as long as I'm taken care of enough to provide for the family and have a few days of vacation to camp and such a few times a year.

Thanks again to all for the congrats.

Thanks!

Long drawn out story made short, but enough to understand, my wife has M.S., before moving here she was doing ok, we made multiple budgets, planned and over planned, but then corn being used for fuel and other things caught up to the economic situation and groceries have been more than double what they were for us in Phoenix, then my wife's health got worse, so that has kept me from training and studying quite a few times and has dragged my training past 12 months.

I budgeted for $13,000 extra in my savings to supplement CFI pay for the first year. Well coupled with all mentioned above, we have been using it to live on for the last few months. SSH collapse and a market with plenty of CFI's right now and well, you get the picture. SO, we are moving to Florida, my Dad has 35 acres he owns, he is more than excited to have us, he will watch after my wife and boys, while I go to wherever I can find a job, that way we do not have to pay to rent a house, I'll rent a room from someone and I'll be John, works 6-7 days a week pilot, keeping only what I need. Then when I can find a company I will call home for a while, I'll bring the family.

So there you have it, more info than you prolly thought you'd get, but enough to understand and know me a bit better. ;) :)

Thanks again for the kudos.

Congratz, I just did my CFII a few months ago myself. There are a lot of flight schools in Florida, the move could be exactly what you need.

Good luck

Congratulations, I'm not far behind ya but inspiration is much needed so close to the end, no??! :) FL is a good move for your fam it sounds like and esp for CFI/I jobs.

Way to go, dude. All the best and keep in touch!!

~emily

may i ask where in FL you are moving to??

My Dad's place in in between Ft. White and High Springs, closer to H.S. but across the line to be considered Ft. White.

If I do get on with any schools close enough by, he already said we can use his land for confines as well as slopes, he got some very tall trees to shoot an approach to the tops of and then steep down to the surface and has some spots that will provide great little mild slopes, suitable for training heli's to practice on.

I'm not picky where I get hired on though, I'm taking the family down there so he can look after my wife for me while I am free to go anywhere, possibly right back up here to Id. when a spot opens up. I'd really like to get on with a company that does more than training and will promote from with in. I've sent a few resumes out to some places I've heard about from other pilots and just from googling heli companies.

We'll see what happens.

Maybe if I get over to the Jax area, which I think is where you are???? We can chew the fat for a moment or 2.