medical

spraypilot

I washed my billfold a couple days ago, 90% of my comm. lic. made it,none of my medical did. Am I screwed if the FAA ask for my medical tomorrow? I know you are supposed to have it with you but, they have it on file in OK, City, that's where you send 2 dollars and get another.

From the FAA website:

I lost my medical certificate; how can I obtain a copy?

You should submit AC Form 8060-56 (PDF) to:

FAA

Aerospace Medical Certification Division, AAM-331

ATTN: Duplicate Desk

Post Office Box 26200

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73125

You must include a check or money order for $2.00 made payable to the FAA. The Aerospace Medical Certification Division can fax you a record of your certificate that is valid for no more than 60 days, which should be enough time to receive your replacement certificate. To receive this fax and order a duplicate certificate, call 405-954-7674 to reach the duplicate certificate desk.

Edited by RotorRunner

Call the FAA in Ok City and they will fax you one in minutes! Just send in $2 and date the letter the same day you get the fax and you'll have a new medical in a few weeks. I did the same thing. I must say I was impressed with the level of service I got from them when I called. It was a nice change of pace.