Airspace cloud clearances etc

No acronyms, just memorization. The best I could ever come up with was 3,5,1,2. Most airspace is 3 mile vis, 500 below, 1000 above, and 2000 laterally from clouds. Then it's just knowing the exceptions.

B: Clear of clouds

G: Below 1200 See and avoid for helicopters. 1200 - 10k 1SM day, 3Night

Anything above 10K feet is 5,1,1,1. 5sm, 1000 below, above, 1sm laterally.

No acronyms, just memorization. The best I could ever come up with was 3,5,1,2. Most airspace is 3 mile vis, 500 below, 1000 above, and 2000 laterally from clouds. Then it's just knowing the exceptions.

B: Clear of clouds

G: Below 1200 See and avoid for helicopters. 1200 - 10k 1SM day, 3Night

Anything above 10K feet is 5,1,1,1. 5sm, 1000 below, above, 1sm laterally.

What he said. Just remember 3152 and you should be good but for the exceptions listed.

I like to use:

Any time your above 10k MSL and 1200AGL you have 5 F-111's following you (Like the fighter jets), so 5 miles 1000 above 1000 below 1 horizontally.

And anytime your anywhere else except G or B you have 3 cessna 152's following you. 3 miles 1000 above 500 below 2000 horizontally.

B and G are the exceptions and I don't really have too much else except memorization for those.

It's all about how much time you have when something comes popping out of the cloud and having time to react to it. So just remember that the lower you go, the slower things tend to be, so therefore lower limits. Or in the case of Class B, it's because they are watching everyone like a hawk.