Service Management Software

lwalling

This one doesn't fit any of the categories on the forum, so I'll just post up here.

Does anyone have any advice on aviation specific service-department management software?

Keeping track of the basics such as inventory, services due on aircraft, customer tracking, integrated credit card processing, as well as all the other general business stuff you'd see in a service department etc ?

Thanks in advance.

This one doesn't fit any of the categories on the forum, so I'll just post up here.

Does anyone have any advice on aviation specific service-department management software?

Keeping track of the basics such as inventory, services due on aircraft, customer tracking, integrated credit card processing, as well as all the other general business stuff you'd see in a service department etc ?

Thanks in advance.

Try QuickBooks. The "services due on aircraft" requirement may or may not be possible, but it is very good at the rest.

~Jeff

Im not sure something like that exists, its probably astronomically expensive if it does....helicopter dollars being much bigger than normal dollars.

Heres what a freind of mine did and its brilliant- he paid a graduate computer science student to write a program in lotus notes that did everything you mentioned. except the credit card processing.

He found the kid with craigslist and paid him $400 for what was essentially a professionally written program customized to his needs. There are plenty of nerds out there that love that kind of stuff.

If thats not a possibility for you Quickbooks is pretty good and its what I use. You can write a simple spreadsheet in excel to track service schedules and life limited components fairly easily although it takes alot of data entry at the start depending on aircraft type.