Make $2500 Easily **Not A Scam**

Ok, so I'm a low time CPL holder and I'm looking for ways to build time. I don't need to get paid...it would be nice, but not a must. I'm willing to travel or move wherever I need to. I have my CFII and all but would prefer not to instruct. I would rather not spend all day in a traffic pattern doing the same stuff all day. I know most people must go that route, but I'll exhaust all options first.

So what I'm offering is $2500 to anyone who provides a lead that works out and $5000 for a paying job. I'm not offering the money for a quick 10 hours though. I want something that will help me build real time. I need roughly 250-300 hours to move on. Now I'm not looking for a company to hire me so I can get my hours and bail on them. If I land with a company that puts time and effort into me, then I will make sure they get out of it what they put in. If I get hired at a place that is a good fit for me and vice versa then I will stay for good.

My time is in 300C and CBI, and 206. I can go to the bell school if needed(for insurance).

If you know of anything or know anyone:

Ryan

281-910-8308

ryanryan5102@yahoo.com

Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions or need any info. Thanks to anyone who puts forth any effort at all. I do appreciate it.

Interesting Ryan. There will be quite a few people on here that will not be very impressed by your offer. However, I'm gonna take a different route and tell you not to play down the benefit that a short career as a flight instructor can be to your overall career as a helicopter pilot.

Now, I'm the first guy that will stand up and say that the current system of 200-300 hour pilots teaching no time pilots to fly is not a good one as it's kinda like the blind leading the blind at times. It is however probably the best system we are left with after the insurance & oil companies rape both the flight schools and aspiring pilots alike. But this is a whole other discussion altogether.

Something you should be aware of, is how much more you learn as a flight instructor at the beginning of your career compared to going out to fly from A to B or around in circles with a photographer on board. After finishing my CFII I thought I knew everything. I couldn't have been further from the truth. The amount of new info I learn every day and old info that I learn better due to teaching it repeatedly is phenomenal. Your skills will also be way more greatly enhanced while you are preventing a student from "trying to kill you" at the bottom of an auto or on a slope landing. this is all stuff you will be missing out on if you do manage to get a job in the commercial world before you get the magic thousand and there is just no substitute for it.

That is why I am recommending that you should reconsider your attempt to enter the commercial world of aviation. You have all the necessary ratings to get a flight instructor job. I suggest you use them for a year or two and I think you will be pleasantly surprised that you won't have to pay anyone to hire you when you're done instructing. Think of it as an apprenticeship that will teach you the skills necessary to keep you alive throughout your hopefully long career.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck.

I'm going to step on it and cross the dark line here....some of you guys honestly need to let up on the "do this do that pay your dues like everyone else has". It frustrates me to no end some of you whip that out all the time and are honestly rude about it.

In the Army I here "thats the way the Army's always done it" well guess what, that doesnt mean its the only way nor the best way. If you can do it how you want then do it and enjoy it, for the other guys, honestly it is a broke backwards system and its been done that way for years but it does NOT have to be done the way YOU did it to be right.

No offense but 200-300 hour pilot's talking about "paying dues" just because thats how its been done and how they did it just erks me. Nothing wrong with it if thats the route you choose but quit being rude to folks who can find another way because quite honestly 95% of people would have done it different if they could have. Rant off

PS. this was not aimed at one certain poster, just tired of seeing the abuse...I know my view is different but I am an INDIVIDUAL :) flame on....

Darkhorse, you are right. Just because it has been done this way before now, doesn't mean that this is the only way to do it. here are some people out there that turn a little green with envy when they see someone getting something easier than they got it. I think to myself when I see someone "working smart and not hard", "well fair play, you worked the system and came out on top".

I think Ryan should reconsider his options and make the best of the current "system", not because he should pay his dues, but because he can benefit greatly from the experience gained as a flight instructor. I know if I was an employer looking at 2 similar resumes around 5000 hours and there was 1 with a 1000 hours of flight instruction given on it compared to the other with no flight instruction given on it, the first one would come out on top here.

No kidding. I'm <---- this ----> close to selling a kidney or something to pay for school. But having spoken to the fine folks at CAMI a few times already, I think I might take my chances with the local PD and just distribute large amounts of illegal substances on the street corner.

Dude's got time and qualifications, who cares how he got them?

Hey hedge...

I know this guy who needs a kidney.... :lol:

Darkhorse, you are right. Just because it has been done this way before now, doesn't mean that this is the only way to do it. here are some people out there that turn a little green with envy when they see someone getting something easier than they got it. I think to myself when I see someone "working smart and not hard", "well fair play, you worked the system and came out on top".

I think Ryan should reconsider his options and make the best of the current "system", not because he should pay his dues, but because he can benefit greatly from the experience gained as a flight instructor. I know if I was an employer looking at 2 similar resumes around 5000 hours and there was 1 with a 1000 hours of flight instruction given on it compared to the other with no flight instruction given on it, the first one would come out on top here.

You’re quite right, it is limiting not being an instructor, and it does have many advantages. I'm not saying being a CFI is bad by any means, but being a CFI does not an instructor make. IMO Instructing is a passion. Not everyone is cut out to be an instructor. Can people regurgitate and show other people how to fly? Yes but allot don’t want to and don’t enjoy it. I can teach my kids of history but I wouldn’t want to teach history in school. I would rather be taught by someone with passion that enjoyed it rather than someone checking his box and "paying his dues".

I agree the system of instructing is outdated,but,it works.I to would like to find another way to get my hours,only because I am getting older,and my choices are dwindling.The delema is to pay for school, one needs life to happen just perfectly.The money is so tight,I can barely pay,but I am addicted to flying,it is a curse and a blessing.If you can find a job that will let you get hours without teaching,God bless you.I would like to teach to get my hours but the bank will take my house.So the quandry is how to pay your dues,and, pay for your life that got you this far.I am not a stupid person I love flight,I am also fixed wing comm multi. Rotor private instrument.I have paid and paid,my dues,with two jobs.The big clock is ticking,everyday.Good luck.

I am some what surprised that it seems so many new pilots dont want to teach others.. My perspective may be somewhat different. I had the opportunity to teach tennis, I was a better then avg player and thought it would be an easy job... I actually ended up learning alot about tennis, by trying to teach others. I had to read about it, learn the true mechanics (I was self taught and fortunately a "natural"). The best part of the whole experience was...that I met a ton of people, kids and adults...I was offered other jobs by some of these people and have developed friendships etc that will last me throughout my life. I did eventually move on to a 'real job'..but let me tell you, that I sincerely believe that if not for teaching, I would not have gotten noticed for the job I currently have....which pays for flying lessons without having to borrow from a bank.

Life is good, teaching is not for everyone..but remember...if someone did not teach you, you would not be in the predicament of trying to NOT teach someone else...because you would still be on the ground waiting for someone to teach you.

Who knows, you might find your true calling... .. it might be your destiny to be a pilot, but it may also be your destiny to teach someone...or at minimum, teach someone one skill and that skill save their life or someone elses later...

Be happy that you "have to teach" to move on... it may help you get somewhere else, you might not get..by skipping that part of your career path..

Embrace it..enjoy it... I can't wait til I am at a level where I can share/help someone else experience the joy of flying.

Some people just aren't good teachers.

My life experience -

- two inexperienced fixed wing instructors and my fixed wings skills aren't that great

- two lessons with a very experienced helo instructor and I was able to hold a steady hover.

enough said.

I can see both side of the issue. It's very true that some are just not cut out to teach. I have seen it all too often not just during my own training but also at the schools I taught at. I would rather not have a CFI who doesn't want to be there or is just looking to pad his/her log book. The student gets the raw end of the deal in that case.

At the same time, being an instructor will make you a better pilot in so many ways. Of course if you are a CFII then it's even better.

I don't think giving $2500 away is the answer. There are a few ways out there to get around instructing. Some have said to get on with a heavy lift company as SIC, or try Boatpix. You can even buy your own helicopter and do some part 91 stuff when the jobs come around. All of these ways will take a lot longer to get into the PIC seat but you can.

If you instruct you can be out of there in 1- 1 1/2 years and move on into turbines in the Gulf, Alaska or Las Vegas. It all depends on how bad you want to avoid instructing and how quick you want into a B206, B407, AS350 or an EC130.

I have always wondered why the system is setup to use low time pilots as instructors. I know the Army does not do this. They put new pilots in the field for some time to learn before they can instruct. Canada has higher time pilots instructing.

Here is a link for current contract pilot requirements for LSI, civi army instructor position.

Pay for Training Link

Ok, so I'm a low time CPL holder and I'm looking for ways to build time. I don't need to get paid...it would be nice, but not a must. I'm willing to travel or move wherever I need to. I have my CFII and all but would prefer not to instruct. I would rather not spend all day in a traffic pattern doing the same stuff all day. I know most people must go that route, but I'll exhaust all options first.

So what I'm offering is $2500 to anyone who provides a lead that works out and $5000 for a paying job. I'm not offering the money for a quick 10 hours though. I want something that will help me build real time. I need roughly 250-300 hours to move on. Now I'm not looking for a company to hire me so I can get my hours and bail on them. If I land with a company that puts time and effort into me, then I will make sure they get out of it what they put in. If I get hired at a place that is a good fit for me and vice versa then I will stay for good.

My time is in 300C and CBI, and 206. I can go to the bell school if needed(for insurance).

If you know of anything or know anyone:

Ryan

281-910-8308

ryanryan5102@yahoo.com

Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions or need any info. Thanks to anyone who puts forth any effort at all. I do appreciate it.

Check out the internet and google helicopter company. Fax, call, email, and send snail mail to every comapny that pops up. Repeat a lot! When you land one tell 'em I sent ya. PM me for an address to send the chek. Thanks.

I hate to say this but if you do this you are taking a job away from a qualified pilot. Some day you might be one and you will get upset if someone comes in and tries to take your job by paying to work for a company. This is more prevelant in the fixed wing world where some airline pilots only make 15,000 a year. If I were you I wouldn't do it.

Edited by HeloPitts

Writing a 'plea' like this, especially with the huge variety of people who visit this forum daily, would definitely invite comments like these without hesitation, and deservedly so. I myself am a successful professional, though not as a pilot. Being a pilot is an expensive hobby of mine and I thoroughly enjoy every post here having to do with helos and/or any subject...

With that, I think that with any career, be it a pilot or whatever....your post would be considered silly to say the least. In order to be a professional, you must be just that: A professional. There is a great deal riding on that word, in any industry. Any industry.

In all seriousness, there are a great deal of ways to make the 'line' to career pilot much shorter, I read about them every day, whether it be on this forum or others. But it's up to you to strategize that, not others and not with payola. I hope that you don't take shortcuts while flying in the air either, as I would certainly hope you advertise your position loudly since I would like to know the general area of the skies to stay away from that day.

Good luck anyway.

Derek B)

I'll up the anti here guys: My goal is to become an ems pilot, instead of doing all of the nonsense of finishing school, becoming a cfii, flying in vegas, and then possibly getting an ems job, lets cut all of the crap out in between. I'll offer $65,000 to an ems company that will hire me, finish training me and then keep me on as a pilot. Here's the deal, I dont really want to pay 50g to finish school, be a cfi for 2 years, fly tours for 2 years and then have to find the job I want. So lets just cut the chase, I'll pay you $65,000 "easy money" then I can get what I want very quickly with minimal effort. Call me asap!

I'll up the anti here guys: My goal is to become an ems pilot, instead of doing all of the nonsense of finishing school, becoming a cfii, flying in vegas, and then possibly getting an ems job, lets cut all of the crap out in between. I'll offer $65,000 to an ems company that will hire me, finish training me and then keep me on as a pilot. Here's the deal, I dont really want to pay 50g to finish school, be a cfi for 2 years, fly tours for 2 years and then have to find the job I want. So lets just cut the chase, I'll pay you $65,000 "easy money" then I can get what I want very quickly with minimal effort. Call me asap!

Now how could anyone pass that up? :D

I want to go EMS too, but I'll make it 70k! :lol:

Try Fairfield Airventures, Ohio. They fly 300 cbis and i think theyd be looking for another cfi. They also fly 500's for power line patrol and marijuana busts. Great guys and a pretty busy spot. I cant guarentee that their looking to hire, but you may as well look into it. You can find their information at Fairfieldair.com, or you can email the head instructor and airport manager, steve slater at steve@fairfieldair.com.

I got my private + commercial with em , and theyre a real tight knit group of extremely diligent and safe intstructors.

Hope itll work out for you man.

PM me if you have any luck with it, and if it did, there would be no need to pay me for something that took 1 minute out of my day, again if you want more info PM me or email me at captainhaggs@gmail.com

• 1 month later...