Rotors in Broomfield

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me anything on Rotors of the Rockies in Broomfield, CO, based on experience training there? I'm looking into either training there or at Quantum Helicopters in Chandler, AZ. I have heard lots of good things about Quantum, but haven't heard much either way about Rotors. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I love it there. friendly staff, nice facilities.

drawbacks include not wanting to move to the gulf after you live in colorado and deciding wether to go skiing or flying on a given day.

also take a look at any of rotors threads here on the forums

Edited by beckwith

Rotors has a really nice outfit up there. I have flown in/out of the airport a few times and they always have helicopters in the air, plus the airport up there is pretty nice.

Thanks for the replies. I am really trying to figure what school, mostly Quantum and Rotors, I would be more likely to get a job instructing with after I get all my ratings. I can't imagine paying all that money and devoting all that time only to not have a job afterwards. I'm not naive about it, and I know that being unemployed directly afterwards (or at any time for that matter) is a big possibility. I have heard that Quantum quite frequently hires their graduates because they are very busy and always losing CFI's to entry-level turbine jobs. Is this happening at all at Rotors? Or would getting a job instructing there be a real long shot compared to Quantum?

The CFI at rotor's that I took a discovery flight with a year ago has moved on since the instructors all seem busy. Take a look at the schedules.

http://www.rotorsoftherockies.com/scheduleapp/default.asp

Select a date and hit the GO button, don't worry about the login.

Over the last 4 years I've seen a large percentage of CFI students at ROTR become actual CFIs on the schedule, and several of them have since moved on to other career advancing positions flying in the GOM or on tours. It seems to be the expected and natural progression there. That said, however, I'd suggest that you get the straight story from the people who know it- call Rotors at 303 635 0496 and ask to talk to Gina or Mike Fyola (the owners) who will be very straightforward about their policies.

BTW- Having done Private and Commercial add-on ratings at ROTR, I give Rotors the highest recommendation as a flight school.

Beckwith's drawbacks are worth noting, however... :D

I'm really supprised Dennis (RkyMtnHI) hasen't responded yet, but I'm not sure he's back from CA yet.

Anyway, I went and visited Rotors and found it to be a great school, everyone there was extreamly friendly and I walked away with the feeling that people actually cared. For the hour or so I was there, I don't think anyone passed by me without saying "Hi" or introducing themselves, and I got offered to fly in the EC120. So I'm actually going to be going there for my CFI here next month, so if that's the way you decide to go, I hope to see you around.

• 2 weeks later...
Need I say more?

Yes, they have a badass Tweetie Colibri!

I visited them last Saturday. Everyone was very friendly, let me sit in the R44 since I had never been in one, and answered every question I had. I would be flying with them if I lived closer. I am going to fly with Elite at APA, they are 15 min from home.

Edited by DakarNick