Cheapest time building I have found

I am offering a Hiller for time building from $175 per hour(fuel included). If you are interested let me know when and how many hours you would want. The price would depend on how many hours you booked. you can check out all the details at www.larsonheliops.com

Edited by rejigger2

I am thinking of offering a Hiller for time building at about $130 per hour(fuel included). I need to see if there is a big demand for this, so if you are interested let me know when and how many hours you would want. The price would depend on how many hours you booked. Please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible.

Might help if we knew where you are.

I'm reposting this from the other thread about left-seat time building:

For all these time-building schemes, unless the aircraft is insured for instruction and rental, it's a terrible idea. If the insurance company doesn't know you're flying an aircraft they insure, and they find out you were manipulating the controls, who do you think they're going to come after? YOU. There's a reason most of them are so cheap; they're under-insured. Like I said, nothing wrong w/ this if the aircraft is insured for instruction/rental or each pilot is approved individually, but most of the time this isn't the case. And I don't need to tell anyone that helicopter accidents do happen, and insurance companies can and do come after pilots, and if they're not approved you can bet on it.

everything will be completely legal. It is not a scheme, I will be aboard as a flight instructor, therefor it will be insured as such. I am just seeing if there is a demand for this. Please let me know how many hours you will want. If there is a big enough demand then I will begin offering the time building.

Where at? What model? I'm interested in at least 10 hrs, possibly more.

Edited by adam32

I sure can, I'll let you know when it gets going and we'll work out the details.

I sure hope its an "E" model. I dont think the earlier versions could get off the ground with me in it !

175/hr is a lot more than $130...

Heck, if someone wanted to build 25 hours I'd probably sell it to them for that price, so long as it was all cross country and probably some of it at night when the aircraft aren't being used. I'd probably find a CFI who would love to go along as well. :)

You're right, $175 is not likely to be found in many places. Just pointing out that it was a heck of a deal at $130, less so at $175. I hope it works out for you, there are plenty of people who need cheap time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am offering timebilding at $170 an hour, including fuel. I have an R-22 Beta that is fully insured. I am just trying to offset the expense of the helicopter. I will be in southeast Florida, most likely Miami, for the winter. There's a slight chance I may end up in Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach. The Vertical Reference User "WhistlerPilot" just flew 40 hours with me a couple weeks ago, including cross country from Clevelad to New York City, includind several trips around Manhattan. He also did numerous off airport landings in confined spaces along the way. He had a great time. The only restriction I have is no autorotations. Since I'll be in Florida, we can fly to the Bahamas or other Carribean Islands if you like. For insurance purposes, I must be in the aircraft, so this means no solo and no taking up anyone else. I am marketing this as timebuilding, not rental. I will be flying from Cleveland to Pompano Beach, Florida on November 28 (the day after Thanksgiving) and am looking for someone for this flight. I may offer a discount or cover your airfare. If interested, call me at 216-526-1502. Paul

Boatpix is also another option for cheap timebuilding. Boatpix operates a ship out of Torrance that does commercial photography. Good way to build time fast, inexpensively and you learn alot in the process. Not to mention building your self confidence as a safe well rounded pilot.

and also becoming part of an NTSB report

Clay I really dont believe that has much justification. One accident a few months ago that both pilots made it safely out of. Every flight school and every operation has had incidents and accidents, if you were to actually look into it, you would find that his company has a very good safety record and to my knowledge has only had that one accident that NTSB got invovled with. Please let me know if you know of others . . .

just thought you might want to see a photo of that boatpix helo in action taken in Torrance last month! :-)

dp

well, don't know what is going on, the link will not take my photo today..

you can see it on my photo link below under "Factory course"... sorry!