Schweitzer 300CBi wind limitations?

I've been flying in the 300C for awhile now and tomorrow I will be flying in a 300CBi what is the wind speed limits for the CBi. I know 300C is 17 knots. thanks

Jordan

There is no limitation. Read your POH. It says something along the lines of "directional stability has been demonstrated up to 17kts of wind speed." Its not a limitation, its a CYA. >30kts and you'll be fine, if uncomfortable. Just dont get downwind low and slow. And it is the same for both.

Wow. I don't think I've ever flown in those type of winds. Tomorrows wind are forecast to be gusting 17kts or so. I heard from some one awhile ago that the CBi could handle a little more wind than the C model. They said because of the size of the vertical stabilizer .

Jordan

I see a trend here. Many pilots have different opinions on wind speed. As said it's just a demonstrated speed which is posted in the POH. That doesn't mean the helicopter will not handle higher winds. The highest wind I have been in is 50-55knts. That was in the EC130. That you have to be careful with. LTE and an over torque would be easy at that point in the EC130.

The point I am leading up to is each pilot needs to have their own limitations. What are you comfortable with? Be conservative. As time goes on you can evaluate your limits and make adjustments. That would come with experiance and aircraft handling.

When I first started flying the Astar we had the Santa Ana winds blowing one day. I didn't have much time in the aircraft. With the wind pushing 40knts from a weird direction I decided to ask a more experianced pilot if she wouldn't mind taking my flights for me. Pilots can't be afraid or ashamed to admit their limits, ask for help or advice and learn from it.