Approach plates and racetracks

Just a request really, can someone PM me some approach plates? New or old, American or Austrailian, really doesn't matter. I'm looking to play with them and figure out how they work. Especially that racetrack thing and procedural turns.

Thanks ya'll

Later

Just a request really, can someone PM me some approach plates? New or old, American or Austrailian, really doesn't matter. I'm looking to play with them and figure out how they work. Especially that racetrack thing and procedural turns.

Thanks ya'll

Later

Witch,

Go to www.airnav.com and search for the airport of your desire. From there, you can download pdf files of any IAP's at that airport. It's free!

~Jeff

Well, there's my problem...lack of internet knowledge.

I'm lazy too.

Thanx guys.

Later

plus I believe they have a legend to tell you what the symptoms are.

Symptoms? I have been feeling a bit tired and my back hurts. Does that mean I've been doing too many missed approaches ?

Edited by Goldy

Racetrack-thingies: go roundy-roundy in 1-minute increments.......

And if you get around the racetrack in less or more than 4 minutes, you're doing it wrong.

As stated, only the time on the inbound leg counts, and is supposed to be one minute. Anyone who can fly an inbound leg in exactly one minute the first time is amazingly lucky. All you really have to do is try for one minute, and come reasonably close. A few seconds on either side is perfectly acceptable on a checkride, and in real life it's not at all critical. The time criterion is a holdover from the days before GPS, as it was the only way to insure that you didn't bust airspace on NDB holds. With GPS, using distance instead of time is much more practical.