Ag Aviation

DeLtaFoxY

Anyone going to National Agriculture Aviation Association convention?

Or have been before? ..Or are part of a member company? I dont know much more than I can google about ag aviation but it's something I want to get into, will this be worth the $ to go to?

Edited by DeLtaFoxY

If your looking for an in to Ag aviation and can afford to go that would be the place. You can network and educate your self about the industry. As for trying to get a foot in the door your going to want to have some kind of skill to offer and employer. Ag is hard and dirty work but can be very rewarding. Mechanical back grounds are usually a must due to remote and intense operations. Having experience with trucks, tanks (mix), CDL, hazmat, all that nasty stuff is also a plus. Hope this helps good luck.

Anyone going to National Agriculture Aviation Association convention?

Or have been before? ..Or are part of a member company? I dont know much more than I can google about ag aviation but it's something I want to get into, will this be worth the $ to go to?

Hello,

I'm a member of the NAAA. Can't make it to the convention this year but went a few years ago when it was in Reno. It is well worth going in my opinion, especially since you live in vegas. They have a special program/meeting you may be interested in for first year ag pilots or anyone wanting to get into ag work called "compass rose". I think you can sign up/pay to go to just this section without paying for the whole package. The registration and schedule info is in this link.

http://www.agaviation.org/conventionpage.htm

If time is tight i would recommend sitting in on the Compass Rose and definitely make it to one day of the trade show where you can see some ag a/c (f/w and r/w) up close and all the latest products.

Have fun

B

Hi I will be attending,as I'm getting my AG Pilot license,I'm interested in starting a AG contract company,here in California,Agricultural accounts for 30 Billion in Revenue for California. I'm planning on being a sub contractor at first supplying pilot with aircraft at a reduced rate to gain market share and then build a company that can secure larger contracts in Agricultural services and fire prevention and Protection.

Edited by JETTSET99