Best LZ Pics

Holland Lake Montana 2008

Wow- That's my idea of an LZ. Can I strap a fishing pole to the skid ??

Lets see, first you do a high recon so you can identify the deeper pools and see where the water slows a bit. Then you do a low recon so you can see where the stream cuts under a bank or rock, then you land softly so as not to disturb the trout, cast upstream and let the fly float down...yeah, I think I remember now !

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

Nice pics JD. Where is that?

Those pictures were in the "Dunes". The Imperial Dunes Rec. Area in Imperial County, Ca. Just East of El Centro. Thanksgiving weekend brings close to 100,000 people. Although it would seem this year not as many showed up becuase of the weather we've had. We'll see.

nice photo John. See ya shortly. post up some more of those.

I'll try Clay. It's a little harder getting action shots when landing. My "guests" are usually asleep, so they can't help with a shot.

I would love to bring my big Canon along with me daily, but I'm afraid it would get ruined. There are some really good kodak moments out there.

And hurry up and get down here!

Is that Weaver's needle out by Saguaro Lake???

Or is that near Globe maybe?

Gosh I miss Az. sigh......

3 miles south east of lake Havasu. Look close and you can see the Colorado river in the background.

JR

Edited by fly2pb

3 miles south east of lake Havasu. Look close and you can see the Colorado river in the background.

JR

Yeah, saw the river, there is a river behind/near Weavers needle too. I went to Havasu 1-4 times a months car hauling, now that you pointed that out, the desrt does look a bit more Majave Desert like than Sanoran. Either way, I hope to live down that way again someday.

You're not kidding. The Captain pointed it out about 3 miles back,

"There it is, see it?"

"I see the old tiny one yeah, where's the one I'm landing on?"

"The old tiny one."

"Crap"

Yeah, that pad is in serious need of updating. The running joke is that if you can get the nose wheel plus one rear wheel in the circle, you win!

If I had a A109, I bet I could do it!

Did you land that close to the edge in order to be on the strongest part of the roof (near the walls)?

It's just an optical illusion using the full zoom of my camera. Here is another angle...

DSC03122-vi.jpg